X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearlight View Post
    THANKS.

Help me out here. I've done what you wrote in your message since the YouTube site you referred me to has been taken down.
    Looks like he has closed his youtube account.

After I backup a disc that doesn't need to be compressed since it is less than 25 GB, my Writer will no accept any blank BD that I place in its tray. Whatever I put in, gets rejected by DVDFAb 8050.
    Start a thread in the Bluray copy forum, you will recieve more help there and don't forget to post your logs as described in the 'Help Us Help You' sticky. (v8050 is outdated, stay current)

As a rule I try to save whatever has been copied in a DVDFab Test folder, but I have not been getting anything lately. Don't know where the copied file goes. As a matter of fact, even after I do a general search for it, I can't find it.

What's up this combo?
    Where did you tell Fab to save the files? If it's default temp folder Fab creates then make sure you have Fab set to NOT delete them on the general settings page. This is most likely not ImgBurn related unless you're creating iso and using Img to burn and told ImgBurn to delete the iso after writing to disc.

Comment

IMGburn 2.5.5.0 Released: Thursday 13th January 2011

Added: Support for Plextor PX-870 / PX-880 / PX-L890 drives to be treated as LiteOn drives (rather than true Plextor drives) by the 'Book Type' / 'Advanced Settings' code. This negates the need to manually enter the Device IDs in the 'Configure Drive OEM' window.
      Added: Support for /NOSAVELOG command line switch (see ReadMe.txt for usage).
      Added: Support for /FILESYSTEMONLY command line switch (see ReadMe.txt for usage).
      Added: Support for relative paths when reading the boot image file name from an IBB file.
      Added: Proper support for CDI images (including multi-track/session ones) via Padus's PfcToc.dll file (must be present where ImgBurn.exe is).
      Changed: Show a little more firmware version information for LG drives on the Device Capabilities window and when checking for firmware updates. This is useful for drives like the BH10LS30 that display 1.00 when the full version number might actually be 1.00-A9.
      Changed: Increased precision of timestamps when 'building' UDF file system.
      Changed/Fixed: DLL loading method to avoid Microsoft Security Advisory (2269637).
      Fixed: An internal table containing file system info during a Read/Verify operation was using an incorrect size value for files when UDF was being used and the files had multiple allocation descriptors spread over multiple sectors. (Only used when logging which file a certain bad sector belongs to)
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

ImgBurn update!

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
        Added: Support for Plextor PX-870 / PX-880 / PX-L890 drives to be treated as LiteOn drives (rather than true Plextor drives) by the 'Book Type' / 'Advanced Settings' code. This negates the need to manually enter the Device IDs in the 'Configure Drive OEM' window.
        Hadn't been able to get on ImgBurn forum, could you explain this a little more, and do I need to make any changes on Fab or ImgBurn? Reason asking, I have an Plextor PX-870A drive, or do I need to update anything for this drive! Been using this drive for about 7 to 8 months! Not to smart with things like this! Thank you, any explaination would be greatly appreciated!
        Last edited by AGJ; 01-15-2011, 06:05 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Is there a separate guide to using ImgBurn on Blu-ray copies with DVDFab? Or does this still work the same way?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by woecarlson View Post
            Is there a separate guide to using ImgBurn on Blu-ray copies with DVDFab? Or does this still work the same way?

Thanks!
            Once you configure ImgBurn to work with DVDFab then DVDFab will use ImgBurn as the burn engine for both DVD and Blu-ray. You just need to set the burn speed in DVDFab for both DVD and Blu-ray to Recommended and set the AWS(Automatic write speed) in ImgBurn for the blank media you use

Comment

Don't remember where I saw this but is it still a good rule of thumb to set the write speed at half the rated speed? (i.e. 4X BR media burning at 2X?)

Comment

Originally posted by woecarlson View Post
                Don't remember where I saw this but is it still a good rule of thumb to set the write speed at half the rated speed? (i.e. 4X BR media burning at 2X?)
                Yep, that's a good rule of thumb. Imgburn will report the supported write speeds for blank media so be sure to check that before setting the AWS.

Comment

No longer the ultimate burner

Sadly ImgBurn has turned to incl malware in their once so good burner.
                  This has happened from version 2.5.8.0 with a change to a new toolbar they offer, where you need a magnifying glass to discover the option to deselect that sypware toolbar, plus the adding of a so called "optimizer", that for years has been identified as being malware:
                  PC Utilities Pro: Optimizer Pro.
                  That "optimizer" is built to deliver false infos about tools on your computer, who is suppose to be slowing it down and then to lure money from you by trying to make you register for the "Pro version".

I tried to deselect both, but upon discovering what others have to say on other forums about version 2.5.8.0, i made full system scan with MalwareBytes Antimalware and discovered that malware had been installed on my computer.

If you stick to version 2.5.7.0 and backwards, then you should be safe. The elder malware free versions of ImgBurn can be downloaded from oldapps.com

Comment

It is still the best burning application you can find, free or otherwise. That has not changed.

The trick is never to choose the "recommended" Express install. Installling the dreck can then be easily avoided. I just installed it and rebooted and did not find anything on my PC that should not be there, nor does MalwarebytesPro.

If everyone that uses ImgBurn would donate a small amount each year, these regrettable steps would not be necessary.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
                      Updated 31 October 2013

Admin Note: This guide was originally written in 2009 for v8 of DVDFab, but the general instructions still apply. Some of the links may be dated.

Additional Tip: When using DVDFab to produce a DL backup with ImgBurn, you should UNCHECK the "Remove Layer Break" box in DVDFab Common Settings->DVD->DVD Protection. This will allow ImgBurn to present you with at least one superior layer break position in most cases. This applies especially with Full Disc copy mode.

There is an easy way to set DVDFab and ImgBurn for your needs.
                      Very easy takes less than 2 minutes.
                      Once setup you will not have to click any additional buttons when using ImgBurn with DVDFab to burn single layer DVD5 media.

Download and install imgburn.
                      imgburn, imgburner, img burn, img burner, imageburn, imageburner, image burn, image burner, image write, image writer, iso burner, iso writer, cd burner, dvd burner, bin, cue, gcm, gi, img, iso, lst, nrg, mds, pdi, burn, burner, write, writer, image, drive, cuesheet, lightning uk, dvd decrypter, backup, cd, cdr, cdrw, dvd, dvdr, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd-r dl, dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd+r dl, dvdram, hd dvd-r, hd dvd-rw, hd dvd-ram, bd-r, bd-re, dual layer, double layer, bluray, blu ray, blu-ray, hddvd, hd dvd, hd-dvd, burn audio, write audio, burn bin, write bin, burn cue, write cue, burn dvd, write dvd, burn iso, write iso, burn img, write img, write image, burn video_ts, write video_ts, burn bdmv, write bdmv, burn dvd video, write dvd video, burn bluray, write bluray, burn blu-ray, write blu-ray, layerbreak, layer break, VIDEO_TS, bup ifo vob

Set DVDFab to use ImgBurn burn engine and recommended speed

1. Click Common Settings in the upper right corner
                      2. Click the Write Tab under DVD / Blu-ray
                      3. Select ImgBurn Burn Engine
                      4. Select Recommended Write Speed [only for use with ImgBurn Auto Write Speed]
                      5. Select OK and restart DVDFab to apply the changed settings

Setting Up ImgBurn
                      Hello and welcome to another of my legendary guides *cough* In this one I'll be explaining how to use the new 'Automatic Write Speed' feature found in versions 2.2.0.0 onwards. For those of you that don't know, the 'Automatic Write Speed' feature basically lets you configure a set of predefined w...

1. Insert your blank dvd media
                      2. Click Write Mode from the EZ-Mode Picker
                      3. Select AWS as your Write Speed
                      4. Click Change Automatic Write Speed
                      5. Select the desired Write Speed
                      6. Click Add
                      7. Set the AWS for each brand/mid of blank media you will use. You may also select different write speeds for multiple burning drives.
                      8. Click OK

Then just copy and burn as usual.
                      DVDFab will automatically open ImgBurn and automatically Close when the burn is finished.

Note: When burning a Dual Layer DVD, ImgBurn will present you with a Create Layer Break window. Select the best layer break according to the colored stars. You can even preview the layer break to ensure the transition will not interfere with your movie.

Please feel free to post any comments or questions.

troy512
                      THANK Y0U MUCH for your prompt response. I looked it over and was unable to fully understand it. Not your fault. I have been away from DVDFab for so long that little makes sense to me anymore.

Question:

Do you think that Imgburn is superior for burning to blank BDs? If you do, I will give it one more try.

I will follow your instructions insomuch as possible since DVDFab has changed so much that I couldn't find half of what your response suggested.

I have just downloaded the latest version and things appear a bit different.

What do you suggest? I simply want to make copies that I can play on my big screen TV.

Thanks again.

Bearlight

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                        A) Use quality media

Taiyo Yuden (Media ID: TYGx, YUDENT) , not Valueline
                        Verbatim (Media ID: MCC, MKM)
                        Maxell Made In Japan (Media ID: MXLRG0x)
                        TDK from Costco
                        Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x for double layer blank media. Don't use -R DL (useless format).
                        I must have bought some Verbatim BD that Amazon wanted to get rid of. My BD writers do NOT recognize them as BD discs. I've only been able to burn one BD copy to a blank Verbatim BR-R. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Comment

Working...
                        X