File sizes using Lightning-Recording & Lightning-Shrink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was having issues with Blu-ray Copy crashing all the time and figured out it was from my old ATI HD4800 video card and no longer updated drivers. Threw in a Radeon RX460 card, with up to date drivers, and all is good again.

Just ran a test using The Great Wall. Holy crap!! A 33 gig movie compressed and copied in under 20 minutes. Assuming the ability to utilize Lightning-Recording and Lightning-Shrink is the reason. Don't imagine those were available with the old card. Thing is, while I have the copy setting to BD25, the actual size of the file on the recorded disc is only 13.1 GB. Seems to play back start to finish and shows as 1920x1280, but I can't imagine it can be compressed that much without significant video degradation.

Is there a setting I should use or uncheck to get the least amount of compression needed to burn to a BD25 disc, while maintaining the speed? Or is the 13GB video as clean as the uncompressed original? Ultimately, I'll gladly sacrifice speed for video quality.

Bro,

in fact there is a degrade for the video if u compressed and become only 13GB video as compared to 50GB untouched. and u can only notice it if u enlarge the video screen and also u will noticed there is certain dark or shallow background, the brightness is become very dark and the color skin tone become shallow

Comment

That's what I figured. Need to figure out what is causing the extreme compression. Was never an issue before.

Comment

casa8899, your post has been deleted. If you can't say it in the forum, you can't say it in a PM either. It is against the purpose of the forum to supply "hidden help" because no one else can benefit from it. Please do no repeat this, your PM privileges will become seriously restricted. You can send me your solution via PM, I can tell you instantly if it is OK.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signal, pls kindly help to solve my problem "Full disc (BD50) compression, Task1 failed error=102" instantly, since if u can answer me instantly with other issues!!!

Comment

Still looking for a solution to this. Tried copying "Logan", using Main Movie. Shows file size 29.951 GB, to be compressed to 22.461 GB. Actual file size was 14.1 GB. Tried changing the BD25 writable media size to 23098 and 23866, thinking it might use a different compression means, but it made no difference. Even tried copying the full video to the HD, using BD50 mode (which worked BTW), then used that file to try to convert to BD25. Still came out to 14 GB.

I tried disabling the GPU codecs to software, which resulted in an estimated copy time of 5 hours. Didn't matter anyways, because it caused my computer to freeze up solid after 3%. Reboot time..... Even tried using version 9, but it didn't recognize the new video card and froze up again around 3% again. Reboot again.....

Any idea on how to resolve this? At this point, I'm stuck making sub-par video copies, which kinda defeats the purpose of this software.

Comment

Look at the target size (see attachment) I tried Logan main movie and for some reason it defaulted to 8100MB. I just switched to BD50 briefly and back to BD25 and it was correct.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 90312; 06-24-2017, 01:46 AM.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

That's where I'm getting the 29.951 to 22.461 estimate, but after it's done ripping & compressing the video, the true size is only 14.2 GB.

Comment

Okay I'm checking main movie of "Logan" now. I'll report back in a short.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe a little small?
                    Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

That size looks fine. 8 gigs more than I'm getting. Something is screwed up in the software or settings to produce a finished movie that's only 2/3 the quality it should be.

Comment

bodine, please attach the DVDFab internal log from when you processed this title. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, I've attached the internal logs for both Logan and the Great Wall. Not sure why there appear to be repeated entries on Logan. Might be from playing with settings after the initial recording.

I've also confirmed the the latest movies copied before the video card upgrade, such as Hidden Figures, created file sizes (22.6 GB M2TS) that maximized the capacity of the BD25 media disc.
                          Attached Files

Comment

From your log: 3m 40.55s: AMD GPU acceleration for Lightning-Shrink enabled

From my log: 5m 41.81s: CUDA GPU acceleration for Lightning-Shrink enabled

The difference maybe?

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have an AMD Radeon RX460 video card. Not sure if I can utilize CUDA instead of AMD GPU Acceleration.

Edit: Just checked. The only format other than AMD GPU or software is DXVA. Anyone know what effect using DXVA instead of AMD GPU has?
                              Last edited by bodine465; 06-25-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X