No announcement yet.

File sizes using Lightning-Recording & Lightning-Shrink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA is an NVIDIA graphics card thing so you won't be able to use it. I don't know about DXVA give it a whirl?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I was an hour into an estimated 3 hr 50 min copy process of The Dark Night, using DXVA, with both Lightning Shrink and Recording disabled. Don't have Logan available to compare to. Obviously, it isn't a comparable codec to AMD in regards to speed. Was going to let it play out to see what the file size comes out to be, but at the 25% mark, the file size was at 5.5 GB, so it appears it would have produced a fully optimized copy.

I'm unable to enable Lightning Shrink without the program automatically resetting the H.264 and VC1 selectors back to AMD GPU. Enabling Lightning Shrink doesn't help. Now shows an estimate time of 3 hrs 45 mins.

After re-setting everything back to AMD GPU, the file size at the 25% mark was 5.5 GB. Strange. Wonder if changing the settings, then changing them back resets the compression pattern back to normal. Wish I would have tried a normal copy of The Dark Knight before playing with the settings. Will try a restart of the program in a bit, or even a computer reboot, to see if it returns back to its over-compressed mode again.

Comment

Must have been a fluke or I didn't hit the correct combo, but tried a different movie (Terminator Salvation) and its back to it old ways. Shows estimates of 25.781 to 22.461, but actual file size would be around 16 GB. Didn't let it run all the way while I tried different settings. This is frustrating as hell.....

Comment

Hi bodine465,

We also reproduced the problem when compressing Blu-ray to BD25 with AMD GPU. We will check it ASAP, thanks!
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 06-27-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X