2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance 2 Questions

I have Win 7. When I insert the original movie disc, it starts to play. Is there anything I can do to eliminate that? The 2nd is ImgBurn. Sometimes it may take 1 to 4 minutes to start. Is that normal?

Thanks

I have Win 7. When I insert the original movie disc, it starts to play.
    to disable Autoplay in Windows - > Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\AutoPlay, see the attached screenshot.

The 2nd is ImgBurn. Sometimes it may take 1 to 4 minutes to start. Is that normal?
    No, ImgBurn will start in 10s, ImgBurn will init the DVD/Blu-ray drive when start up. Please have a check for your drive.

Wilson
    Attached Files
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson, Wang,
      When I go to Common Settings/Drives/Drives, both of my dvd recorders are checked. Was that the right place to go? I appreciate you helping me.

Ernie

Comment

Hi Ernie
        It is unclear what auto play you are referring to. If it is a windows player, do as Wilson.Wang suggested. If it is Fab opening and reading the disc open Fab go to common settings and uncheck the auto play handler option. If it is Fab Media player open Fab media player go to settings and uncheck the auto play option.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        PS If you need screen shots I will provide them.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929,
          I went to control panel and unchecked my autoplay as Wilson, Wang suggested. As far as ImgBurn, he said... ImgBurn will start in 10s, ImgBurn will init the DVD/Blu-ray drive when start up. Please have a check for your drive. I went to Common Settings/Drive/Drive and both of my burners were already checked. Would anything else cause ImgBurn to start in 1 to 4 minuets?

Thanks

Comment

It may have been set to auto play through windows auto play feature, there is an option for that.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Not unless it's formatting (erasing) RW media. Like he said it should start within 10s. When you start ImgBurn from the desktop how long does it take?
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not talking about autoplay, I'm talking about ImgBurn. Could you tell me when Wilson, Wang comes on shift?

Thanks

Comment

I don't use RW discs. When I insert the disc that I'm going to burn, it takes up to half a minuet before ImgBurn comes up. Then it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 minuets before it starts burning. In common Settings/ Drives/Drives both burners are checked.

Thank you,
                  Ernie

Comment

Please post your recent Fab internal log and the ImgBurn burn log. Thanks
                    Are you still having buffer issues with ImgBurn?
                    Last edited by CBR929; 12-30-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

CBR929,
                      I'm not trying to copy a disc now, it's just that it's done that for so long I thought I would ask if it was normal or not. The next time I copy and if it does that, then I'll send the Log. Thanks for your help.

Ernie

Comment

The logs are there please post them if you want help. Depending on the age of your computer and hardware you might also be running in PIO mode which is not good. It's up to you weather you post them or not just trying to help you now, but if you would rather do it down the road that's your choice.
                        CBR929

Comment

CBR929,
                          Here is my recent copy using ImgBurn.It started burning in about a minuet and a half. Here's my log.
                          ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 - Log
                          ; Friday, 06 January 2017, 13:58:58
                          ; \\****************************************//
                          ;
                          ;
                          I 13:52:23 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
                          I 13:52:23 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
                          I 13:52:23 Total Physical Memory: 8,354,960 KiB - Available: 5,424,256 KiB
                          I 13:52:23 Initialising SPTI...
                          I 13:52:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
                          I 13:52:23 -> Drive 1 - Info: ASUS DRW-24B1ST i 1.00 (F (ATA)
                          I 13:52:23 -> Drive 2 - Info: ATAPI iHAS124 B AE12 (E (ATA)
                          I 13:52:23 -> Drive 3 - Info: WD Virtual CD 1110 2018 (G (USB 2.0)
                          I 13:52:23 Found 2 DVD±RW/RAMs and 1 Unknown!
                          I 13:58:58 Close Request Acknowledged
                          I 13:58:58 Closing Down...
                          I 13:58:58 Shutting down SPTI...
                          I 13:58:58 ImgBurn closed!

Comment

How fast are you burning your disc's ??
                            Try burning at 4x speed. Also are your dvd
                            Drives firmware up to date ??
                            And as for imgburn starting, when was the latest time
                            You did a disc cleanup and a disc Defrag.
                            Last edited by october262; 01-06-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Ernie
                              You need to post a complete log where there was an actual burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X