No announcement yet.

CUDA acceleration not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do both GPUs show up in the Device Manager? does one have a yellow mark next to it?
    Have you test and confirmed the "ASUS ROG HB SLI Bridge" is good?
    Have you tried rebooting?
    Click here for more info. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ont-run-in-SLI
    Last edited by 3dman; 03-18-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      Post the internal log file with the latest Fab version so we can check for things you won't see.Check to see if theirs a graphics card update.The log file will also tell me what version number your graphics card is using and if it's up to date and any error's and much more.Also post the Fab check file.

This is my latest graphics card and driver/cuda version is your the same?
      GPU check: Graphics info 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB : 21.21.13.(7878 : 6.1)
      Ive done it all mate, everything on your list. Stewie suggested a sledgehammer so i hit my computer a couple of times. Im currently sitting with a 6 year old compaq laptop because apparently sledgehammers and computers dont mix.

Im attaching the files mate. thnx for all your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyPeter View Post
        Ive done it all mate, everything on your list. Stewie suggested a sledgehammer so i hit my computer a couple of times. Im currently sitting with a 6 year old compaq laptop because apparently sledgehammers and computers dont mix.

Im attaching the files mate. thnx for all your help.
        You might want to check and see if there's a bios update for
        Your computer. Or try resetting your bios
        Last edited by october262; 03-18-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Fab is seeing both your graphics cards and everything is up to date.Your last log says user canceled why? I wanted to see a conversion all the way through you can take a movie and do chapters 1-2 instead of the whole movie then post the internal log file this will tell if cuda was used.The logs say your set up for it so lets see a conversion log with your settings for 1 chapter of a disk from start to end.Then post that conversion here.
          Your log in Fab 1028 says cuda was used 0m 18.38s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
          Now post a log for Fab version 1029 with a conversion
          Last edited by 3dman; 03-18-2017, 06:52 PM. Reason: Added last line

Comment

Im on it.encoding as we speak. E.T.A 4 hrs

Comment

Sorry i fell asleep But ive encoded a movie with 2.9 and heres thje logs:
              Attached Files

Comment

Well looks like Cuda for custom when using 2nd pass doesn't even engage when doing the 1st pass.Windows device monitor shows all 8 cpu's working at 100% even thought the log file and running logs say cuda is working.Turning off 2nd pass with same settings produces Cuda with lightning shrink for H265,Settings are with 0.40 settings 15mps audio copy in advanced settings.

Screen shot shows how fast over 200fps with second pass off whole movie done in GPU in 10 mins.With second pass selected Avatar took 13 hours using a I-7 with 1060 card.Seems no cuda help at all even with 1st pass.All drivers latest.Conversion from hard drive.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well looks like Cuda for custom when using 2nd pass doesn't even engage when doing the 1st pass.Windows device monitor shows all 8 cpu's working at 100% even thought the log file and running logs say cuda is working.Turning off 2nd pass with same settings produces Cuda with lightning shrink for H265,Settings are with 0.40 settings 15mps audio copy in advanced settings.

Screen shot shows how fast over 200fps with second pass off whole movie done in GPU in 10 mins.With second pass selected Avatar took 13 hours using a I-7 with 1060 card.Seems no cuda help at all even with 1st pass.All drivers latest.Conversion from hard drive.
                  3dman7, u have the patiens (spelling?) of a king. Thnx alot for all your help. But im still confused... We know CUDA is not working. But is there anythings in those logs that say why? i have a feeling there is a "0" where there should be a "1" somewhere

thnx again my friends.

Comment

I also get a pop up message cannot turn on hi quality encoding under Cuda or Quick sync turn on software? when you check yes in settings under Cuda it turns H264 to software why turn h264 to software it should be turning off h265 to all software I think there's a bug here and it's designed to use all software in this mode and that's why Cuda is listed in the log files.
                    Staff needs to look at this but if designed this way then there's no Cuda help at all for this type conversion.
                    Last edited by 3dman; 03-20-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I also get a pop up message cannot turn on hi quality encoding under Cuda or Quick sync turn on software? when you check yes in settings under Cuda it turns H264 to software why turn h264 to software it should be turning off h265 to all software I think there's a bug here and it's designed to use all software in this mode and that's why Cuda is listed in the log files.
                      Staff needs to look at this but if designed this way then there's no Cuda help at all for this type conversion.
                      Mail sent to tech support. lets see what they say.

Comment

Any resolution to this problem yet?

Comment

I got response from dvdfab staff. Best tip so far. Update your gpu drivers to the latest.

To DVDFab STAFF: I have written it to you before plus you can see the version in one of the logs. Common, you can make this awesome software and u get back with that solution. For real... i mean what about all the logs i sent, did u look at them or was this some kind of generic response? Please look at the logs and try to find out why CUDA deactivates itself after a few seconds. I start with 60-70 FPS and after a few sec itd down to 20... and now 11?!?

3dman7: Im hoping for your help. Ill send a banana if you find a solution. ok ok, your a good barganer, 2 bananas it is.

No but seriously, i have all drivers of every device up to date. please help.

thnx in advance
                          Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-23-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyPeter View Post
                            I got response from dvdfab staff. Best tip so far. Update your gpu drivers to the latest.

To DVDFab STAFF: I have written it to you before plus you can see the version in one of the logs. Common, you can make this awesome software and u get back with that solution. For real... i mean what about all the logs i sent, did u look at them or was this some kind of generic response? Please look at the logs and try to find out why CUDA deactivates itself after a few seconds. I start with 60-70 FPS and after a few sec itd down to 20... and now 11?!?

3dman7: Im hoping for your help. Ill send a banana if you find a solution. ok ok, your a good barganer, 2 bananas it is.

No but seriously, i have all drivers of every device up to date. please help.

thnx in advance
                            Did you try going to the manufacturer of your graphics card
                            To check for the driver update or are you using the windows device manager To update the driver.

Comment

of course i go to manufacture site. i dont let windows handle my gpu drivers I even made a clean installation, booted into safemode and making a clean install when nvidia dropped new drivers yesterday. you have to do better october262 if you want that banana
                              Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-23-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Did you try rolling back to an earlier driver for your graphics card.

Comment

Working...
                                X