Windows 10 Creators Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Windows 10 Creators Version

Has anyone tried to run DVDFAB with the new update to Windows 10 called the Creators Version. It is the update to the Anniversary Version.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Been running for a week, no issues...

Comment

I have found that DVDFab 10.0.3.2 crashes in the new Windows 10 Creators version. I'm waiting for a new version that addresses the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Bag View Post
        I have found that DVDFab 10.0.3.2 crashes in the new Windows 10 Creators version. I'm waiting for a new version that addresses the issue.
        Are you running dvdfab " as administrator " ??
        Did you try doing a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and run a good registry cleaner and try reinstalling Dvdfab.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          Are you running dvdfab " as administrator " ??
          Did you try doing a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and run a good registry cleaner and try reinstalling Dvdfab.
          Thank you for the help! It ran perfectly when I selected "as administrator". Thanks again!

Comment

Same here, the creator Edition crashes Fab, not the mini, but the main program. I have tried everything. I had to revert back. Admin didnt work here.

Comment

I been using it all day and didn't install as admin. no problems so far their is a lot of junk files left over in the registry I had to clean it 3 times so try that with the free version of Ccleaner and post the install log and if crashing during a fab task also post the internal log file.Try reinstalling Fab so you get a new install file so staff can see if theirs anything wrong.Do a restart also.

Comment

I have tried everything mentioned here. No good, the main program crashes, the mini works. When I revert to the last build, its all good.

Comment

Well after using it hours on end it did lock up twice my mouse wouldn't move and control alt del. didn't work during use with fab newest version and the new windows version so I had to reboot twice.And it crashed twice also for no real reason but it's still working so I don't know.Anyone else have problems???

Comment

Fab is more stable with the new windows and latest fab version if run as administrator.

So you don't forget to run as administrator every time you open Fab just right click on Fab click on properties then click advanced and check mark run as administrator now when ever you click on Fab a box will come up asking you do you want Fab to make changes to your computer click yes this is running as administrator so you don't forget to run this way.

Note for staff:
                    With this said after doing 8 conversions set as above 2 crashed fab when I selected the plus sign to add a file to Fab hope this helps Fab fix this.

Comment

After the update to the Creators Version the program disappears from the Installed programs in the Control Panel. Its still in the computer but you can only uninstall it by using the uninstall option inside the properties of the program. I am waiting until this is fixed, and also if you have Malwarebytes Premium, after the Update to Creators it wont let you download the program with Web Protection on. This does not happen with Malwarebytes in the Anniversary Edition.

Comment

Chameleon:I had the Fab disappearing from list of windows programs problem with the latest Fab installed nothing to do with the windows version.Someone else also reported this before the windows update.We both took fab off the computer with its own uninstall program cleaned registry and re downloaded Fabs latest version and it now appears in the list of programs on the computer.

I did have Norton try to block the Fab program after restarting a few times with the new windows program but it gives you a choice to ignore it as that's what I selected and all is working for the blocking attempt of Fab this was after it was downloading and working for awhile.Also note many different security programs are blocking Fab with the newer releases I really don't think windows version makes a different as it's on going in the forum with many different security programs.

I don't blame you for not wanting to use it but they say it's much more secure and someone's got to test the new windows with all the programs you own not just Fab.The Malwarebytes Premium problem looks to be a new windows creator's problem.
                        Last edited by 3dman; 04-13-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                          Chameleon:I had the Fab disappearing from list of windows programs problem with the latest Fab installed nothing to do with the windows version.Someone else also reported this before the windows update.We both took fab off the computer with its own uninstall program cleaned registry and re downloaded Fabs latest version and it now appears in the list of programs on the computer.

I did have Norton try to block the Fab program after restarting a few times with the new windows program but it gives you a choice to ignore it as that's what I selected and all is working for the blocking attempt of Fab this was after it was downloading and working for awhile.Also note many different security programs are blocking Fab with the newer releases I really don't think windows version makes a different as it's on going in the forum with many different security programs.

I don't blame you for not wanting to use it but they say it's much more secure and someone's got to test the new windows with all the programs you own not just Fab.The Malwarebytes Premium problem looks to be a new windows creator's problem.
                          Yes I believe it is, I just wanted to make Fab aware of it. I am not updating to the new Creators version until this is fixed, it works fine in the latest Anniversary Version, thanks again for your help.

Comment

Has anyone had issues with the Creators version crashing Fab?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              Has anyone had issues with the Creators version crashing Fab?
                              if you have already upgraded to the creators version and dvdfab still crashes
                              try restarting your computer in safe mode then retry dvdfab and see if it runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X