X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Conversion question with DVDfab 10

Hey Guys,

I have a few strange questions.

I have a old tv ad it accepts video files to play thru the built in usb.
    Problem is it wont play the .avi or .mp4 or other files.

Attached is the spec sheet for formats it can use.

Which setting in DVDfab can be used to make the format file i need?

As said i have tried both .avi and .mp4 and the tv wont see them which is why i ask.

Thanks in advance
    Gren
    Attached Files

Hard to read the picture, but I think you'll need to set the audio to AAC.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Under extensions in the third (white) picture box look at the first one listed and see what that is it plays the most kinds of soundtracks including Dolby digital,PCM and I can't read the other's but doesn't play AAC
      You should select what extension you use from that list depending on the soundtrack of the movie or video file your trying to play so look at that chart and see what audios each supports than make the extension selection based on that.
      Last edited by 3dman; 05-07-2017, 09:19 PM. Reason: added info.

Comment

Thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks for the fast reply.
        I am trying to convert a blu-ray to a file i can play on the tv using usb slot.
        I have made several .mp4 , and several .avi and for some reson the tv never sees them.

I guess I will try what you suggested and will post back if i can't get it to work.

Thanks
        Gren

Comment

The AVI will do Dolby digital also but not PCM so really play back the movie on a software player on the computer and find out what it has for audio if it has HD sound like DTS master or HD dolby digital Atmos etc we may need to convert the audio to something your tv can play like 2 channel dolby digital or if DTS master that most disks use then we must convert the sound to something the tv can play as your TV likely doesn't have the decoders built in to decode these sound tracks that come with blu rays.Look to see if you have a choice that plays simple ACC or AC3 for Dolby digital in your TV's supported soundtracks for video containers in that 3 third box.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
            The AVI will do Dolby digital also but not PCM so really play back the movie on a software player on the computer and find out what it has for audio if it has HD sound like DTS master or HD dolby digital Atmos etc we may need to convert the audio to something your tv can play like 2 channel dolby digital or if DTS master that most disks use then we must convert the sound to something the tv can play as your TV likely doesn't have the decoders built in to decode these sound tracks that come with blu rays.Look to see if you have a choice that plays simple ACC or AC3 for Dolby digital in your TV's supported soundtracks for video containers in that 3 third box.

Hey 3dman7,

Thanks for the quick reply, i really appreciate it.

Playback on my computer is fine it is the cobversion to a fat32 8gb usb drive for my tv that is the issue.
            i have tried multiple conversions and some end up being larger then 4 gb so they wont indtall on the fat32 8gb drive.

On my computer I only have on board sound and am not sure what it is.
            Under device manager I have several items listed under Sound.
            1) Realtek High Definition Audio
            2) AMD High Definition Audio Device (I guess this is my sound card)

The rest are several usb sound devices headset, webcam ect.

As for the tv I can see nothing sound related in the menu of the tv.
            I see in the manual it says the unit accepts 2 channel audio signal (LPCM) only. It says that under HDMI connection area.

Here is the tv page people could not read in my post I put in a share site https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwu...ew?usp=sharing

Hope that helps as i have no clue.
            Thanks in advance
            Gren

Comment

Like I said try an MP4 with AAC audio, will likely fit your zip drive.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Can you format the flash drive to NTFS ??

Comment

I would reformat the drive to NTFS if the tv will accept this then if you want the smaller size the mp-4 with AAC sound but if you want the Dolby digital then try the AVI You can always reformat the drive back to what it was windows can use 4 different format solutions see the one the tv works with.Most tv's can decode Dolby digital as it's on broadcast tv stations but you may get core Dolby digital or 2 channel if the tv is mono then the MP-4 ACC should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X