No announcement yet.

Newest version for Mac does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I dont really know. I went back to 9309 and that worked fine. But the newer versions will not load up for some reason. It is just bizarre. Never had this much trouble on the newest updates. It just will not load up. But 9309 loaded up and works great.

Comment

Same issue

Same issue here - DVDFab doesn't start.

Blank screen comes up (screen shot attached).

All help appreciated!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mymovie View Post
        You couldn't delete the file probably because you were not at a root account. You need to enable root account to do this task unless you use some sort of "cleaner" apps.
        still locked in root mode, found this on another forum so will give it a try

For people stumbling upon this in an OS X 10.11+ era (El Capitan or newer): Apple has added a whole new layer of security in OS X. They have taken away some privileges from root. The file you are trying to modify has a restricted flag. Only restricted processes which are signed by Apple will be able to modify these files. However, you can disable this security system by booting in recovery mode and disabling it in a Terminal by doing: csrutil disable.

Comment

I am able to get the app to load, but Copy hangs after a few minutes and Creator hangs almost immediately.

Comment

Loads fine, but hangs when using BD Creator. Goes through Analyzing HD Audio step but hangs on Conversion.

Also does not Copy BD discs either.

Comment

Osx 10.6.8.

Latest update not compatible with OSX 10.6.8.

Comment

Also having this kind of problem

Seems I am having the same problem. 9309 works fine (even after reinstall). 9312 and 9318 both fail to install (doesn't say why).

I tried the recommendation to manually remove dvdfab app and fabio.kext dir and tried installing again, no luck.

The app does not start with the attached report, hope this helps.
                Attached Files

Comment

Version 9.3.1.8 Blu Ray not reading

Install when fine. DVD read seemed to work -- Blu Ray tried to read but just ejected (tried several Blu Ray Disks) ones that have worked in a previous versions. Attached log file below the only thing that I changed in the file was to ### out the serial number. Needless to say the burn.log was empty. Mac OS Version 10.12 Sierra
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dsm; 10-14-2016, 02:02 PM. Reason: Added OS Version

Comment

Originally posted by dsm View Post
                    Install when fine. DVD read seemed to work -- Blu Ray tried to read but just ejected (tried several Blu Ray Disks) ones that have worked in a previous versions. Attached log file below the only thing that I changed in the file was to ### out the serial number. Needless to say the burn.log was empty. Mac OS Version 10.12 Sierra
                    Hello dsm,

The log file you attached doesn't contain any information about blu-ray reading. What's the phenomenon when DVDFab tried to load the disk?

Please load the Blu Ray Disk to drive, let DVDFab automatically detect and load the disk again. If same issue, upload us the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and post more details about this problem. Thanks.

Regards,
                    mona

Comment

The disks now appear to be reading the Blu Ray disks (since the October 29 Update to 10.12.1). I will run some additional tests to make sure it is working as expected.

Thanks

Comment

Still not working

I've given up on DVDFab and gone to other software which is very frustrating.

DVDFab can copy DVDs but not Blu Ray discs. When a BD is inserted, DVDFab does about 2 minutes of "analyzing," then begins to re-incode. After a few minutes it freezes and even if I click "cancel," I have to force quit.

If I click "open log folder" nothing at all happens.

Help?
                        Last edited by farquhartz; 11-29-2016, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X