Just upgraded to latest version and program exits on disk load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Just upgraded to latest version and program exits on disk load

So I upgraded to the latest and greatest version this morning 10.0.1.9 and now when I try to make a back up of a movie the program exits as soon as the initial disk load into the program completes.

this also happens if I load an ISO into the tool - for all ISO's that I've tried.

the older version (last version of the 9 series) loaded this disk without incident.

in case it matters its harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 1.

Anyone have some advice on what's up?

Thanks,
    fwire

Did you update using the internal updater or from here -
    http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30402 ??
    Also make sure that you are running dvdfab " as administrator "

Comment

Originally posted by fwire View Post
      So I upgraded to the latest and greatest version this morning 10.0.1.9 and now when I try to make a back up of a movie the program exits as soon as the initial disk load into the program completes.

this also happens if I load an ISO into the tool - for all ISO's that I've tried.

the older version (last version of the 9 series) loaded this disk without incident.

in case it matters its harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 1.

Anyone have some advice on what's up?

Thanks,
      fwire
      Hello,

Please give this version a try:

If still have problem, please send us the latest DVDFab log file.
      And if there is a crash report field popup, please save the file and upload it here.

Thanks again.

Regards,
      mona

Comment

I was away for a few days (hospital), so I missed your suggestion sorry.

When I came back I saw the new version so I upgraded to 10.0.2.0...

The program exiting seems to be fixed however - at least for me - there seems to be an issue with creating a temporary directory. I bypassed this by running dvdFab as administrator. The program still would not take a full disk to .iso not sure why, so I tried just writing it to a BD50 full disk. the program made it to 77% complete and stalled after running for 12+ hours.

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 1- in case there is some sort of known issue with that disk.

This is the first disk I'm trying on the 10.x baseline things seemed pretty fine under 9.x.

fwire

Comment

Please attach the log file from the failed attempts. This is most likely a setting or security issue on your PC.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X