X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 pass will not work with CUDA either. I have the 980 card and it works a treat on one pass!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

2nd pass is done in all software all the time.A pop up says it can't use cuda turn off now after you check yes the first pass still will use cuda the second pass uses all software.Check the FPS for both and see the results.
      Last edited by 3dman; 11-29-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB and cuda will work with it in 2 pass but I belive their's a bug in it I will report in a bug report.
        Attached Files

Comment

RE: H.265 HEVC Encoding/Decoding - GeForce GTX 1050?

Thanks everyone for you replies!

Just ordered a ZOTAC GTX 1050 MINI at a great price!

I'll report back to let everyone know if it's supported by DVDFAB for CUDA HEVC Encoding....

Comment

RE: H.265 HEVC Encoding/Decoding - GeForce GTX 1050?

Alright!

I installed the $99 ZOTAC GTX 1050 MINI and my H265 FPS went from
            about 37FPS Software to 470FPS CUDA Hardware. I haven't noticed a difference in quality between 1 pass software and the 1 pass CUDA on about 5 Blu-ray Rips I've done yet!!! VERY HAPPY!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CDRMaker View Post
              Alright!

I installed the $99 ZOTAC GTX 1050 MINI...
              Could you post the retailer...or send me a pm with the info.
              No luck finding it on my end.
              Thanks...appreciate it.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Could you post the retailer...or send me a pm with the info.
                No luck finding it on my end.
                Thanks...appreciate it.
                Try here -

Comment

Thanks october262...I did see that.
                  My 1st choice...newegg had decent prices, but was out of stock for both the 2GB & 4GB.

I think I'll bite the bullet and just do a new build. I'm just being a lazy old fart.
                  My last build was the Fall of '09 with the retail release of win 7 pro...
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by CDRMaker View Post
                    Alright!

I installed the $99 ZOTAC GTX 1050 MINI and my H265 FPS went from
                    about 37FPS Software to 470FPS CUDA Hardware. I haven't noticed a difference in quality between 1 pass software and the 1 pass CUDA on about 5 Blu-ray Rips I've done yet!!! VERY HAPPY!
                    I'm new to this and I have to ask, how are you getting such a high fps in h265? I have a geforce 1060 and am using hardware acceleration. I'm seeing about 60fps right now. What am I missing?

-Speeds do seem to creep up as I go. Now at 82. Still far short of 470.
                    Last edited by qqq1; 01-26-2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Good question... Which CPU do you have and how much system memory? Is CUDA selected in DVDFab options? Do have the latest driver from Nvidia?

Comment

Also... are you converting to x265 straight from the disk or copying the disk to the hard drive first?

Comment

All,
                          Post #1 in this thread has been updated for AMD APP.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Why can't dvdfab use the intel quicksync without an attached monitor?

Hi,

I have a Kaby-Lake CPU and a Nvidia 1060 card and I can activate the intel card in the bios settings. I have different video edit software which can use the intel quicksnyc in this setting, but only DVD Fab does not find it.

It works only in DVD Fab when I attach a monitor to the intel GPU.

A bit complicated. Why can other video software use the intel accleration in this setting?

Thanks in adavance,
                            -dave

Comment

Quick Sync is a dedicated hardware core on the processor die in hardware so you need to plug the monitor into it's motherboard to see and use it.
                              Graphics Chipset :
                              Note: To enable Intel Quick Sync technology, you must switch to Intel HD Graphics.
                              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Driver Version: 22.21.13.8253
                              Last edited by 3dman; 06-10-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Other mp4 encoder I use can use the bios activated intel quick sync without an monitor connected to the intel gpu.
                                -> Why can't dvdfab do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X