Newest version for Mac does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest version for Mac does not work

I tried to download the newest version for Mac. Not only will it not work at all but now I cannot go back and reload the older version i had, it is all screwed up. I went in and deleted the version I had. Re downloaded the new version and it says downlaod failed and it will not even open up dvdfab anymore.

Can I somehow go back to older version ?? or find out what is up with the newest versions not opening up or working at all. Was working great 2 days ago until i tried the new version download.

Kevin

You can get the beta version - http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
    Just go down to beta version for MAC.
    Last edited by october262; 08-19-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Nope the beat does not open either. It pulls up the Apple error log every time and will not open at all.

Comment

Keeps saying the installation failed. And I cannot go back to my original version. It will not load

Comment

I guess since there are a lot A LOT of people having the same issue with the newer versions of Mac dvdfab....they are not updating anyone with how to fix it or what. I see so many people having same issue with installation error AND I cannot go back to a version I had that was perfect 2 days ago sad...

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
            I tried to download the newest version for Mac. Not only will it not work at all but now I cannot go back and reload the older version i had, it is all screwed up. I went in and deleted the version I had. Re downloaded the new version and it says downlaod failed and it will not even open up dvdfab anymore.

Can I somehow go back to older version ?? or find out what is up with the newest versions not opening up or working at all. Was working great 2 days ago until i tried the new version download.

Kevin

Which version did you try? 9.3.1.2?

I haven't tried that yet. Previously when I wanted to downgraded to a previous version, I would use AppCleaner to clean the present version first, followed by renaming the DvdFab folder (if necessary) under Application directory. Then I proceeded to the downgrade. This made sure no DVdFab sustances remained in Mac prior to the downgrade. In general, I didn't trust the simple "delete" operation (via dropping the apps icon to bin) in MAC.

Comment

Is there any older version package on your download folder?
              saying the installation failed? What is the fab version? Can you send a failed screenshot?
              If the dvdfab app was deleted on recycle folder, empty it then install. Or it can be cause install failed.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Here are screen shots....

I deleted all of dvdfab....re booted...tried again and same error messege...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2016-08-22 at 9.17.39 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	315217

Name:	Screen shot 2016-08-22 at 9.19.17 AM.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	315219

Name:	Screen shot 2016-08-22 at 9.19.12 AM.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	315218

Comment

Hello kshduckman1170,

Please delete DVDFab, and then go to /System/Library/Extensions, find fabio.kext file, move this file to trash.

After that, reinstall the latest version of DVDFab to try again.

Regards,
                  Mona

Comment

Nope that did not work either. I did it and re booted computer and tried it again and said same thing..that it failed. this sucks. Why did I upgrade when the other one was working perfectly...this newest version will not work for anything. Weird how it works one day, try downloading new version and BOOM doesnt work or wont download and I cant even go back to older version...

Let try again with something new to make it work

Comment

Still having issues....

Nothing seems to work and i posted logs and screen shots.

What is going on, I do not want to pay for something that doesn't work correctly. I can't even go backwards and get a older version to load now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                        Hello kshduckman1170,

Please delete DVDFab, and then go to /System/Library/Extensions, find fabio.kext file, move this file to trash.

After that, reinstall the latest version of DVDFab to try again.

Regards,
                        Mona
                        It won't let me delete the kext file. Whole thing has gone down the pan if you ask me, I posted a few months back about having installation issues and have never had a reply from the fab team. #notsofab

Comment

You couldn't delete the file probably because you were not at a root account. You need to enable root account to do this task unless you use some sort of "cleaner" apps.

Comment

and empty the trash

Comment

A possible approach.

I don't know why your update failed to work but possibly you have corrupted NVRAM. That can cause some mysterious failures. See Apple support for instructions. Link below.

Just a suggestion. FYI: The update worked just fine on my MacMini late 2012 model.

Comment

Working...
                              X