No announcement yet.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty: I was helping a guy in another topic he would benefit from that codex package and 3d player that plays iso's. The package you talked about in the other card topic.I tried downloading it myself and got stopped by windows and Norton saying the file was to new not enough users have it to be safe then Norton deletes it.I tried their main page and a second link I trust Cnet and the same thing happens.So just how did you get it on your drive without windows and security program problems? The other guy is afraid to download it as he had problems in the past with unsafe files downloaded.
    I don't need it but he would be able to use that package with windows media center with iso's and full 3d with their free player.

P.S. I get my 1060 today can't wait.........
    Last edited by 3dman; 09-26-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

You can get it directly from; http://shark007.net/
      This guy has been around for a long time, the downloads are safe. Norton is just being over cautious because a lot of people haven't downloaded it. I think Norton has the option to restore the file and mark it as safe.

Comment

Marty:When you posted the Jaws conversion photo you were using the convertor to h265 to get those high FPS whats not know is what you were converting from.On the left side of fab during your conversion it says cuda and lightning shrink was used however if ripper is used with a blu ray with h265 on the left side my conversion from blu ray with ripper says it's using cuda for encode and decode and lightning recording is not used.

My FPS was even less at 284 FPS 12 mins and 24 seconds total conversion time with a longer movie 2hrs 24 mins long so just what were you converting from and what were your settings in convertor?

The run time on jaws is 1:38.20 for the new version of that movie.
        Also did you tweak the 1060 cuda card to overclock?
        Last edited by 3dman; 09-29-2016, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I ripped the movie to an uncompressed MKV, almost 35GB in size and 2 hours 4 minutes long. I don't know if it makes any difference, I have an i7-3770K CPU and 16GB's of ram. I didn't change any settings in DVDFab, just went with standard quality. I haven't changed anything with the video card, bog standard.

Comment

Your posted screen shot shows converter was used not ripper so what was the movie source that you used convertor instead of ripper? Was it a blu ray on the hard drive or a file or what? is that the old movie of Jaws as the new one is very short compared to what your saying the run time is.
            I have a newer I-7 also so lets see where the difference is being both have the same 1060 card.

Comment

That was the source...

Comment

Ok then I converted a 2.5 hr movie 10 mins 45 secs to h265 from a uncompressed mkv FPS were all over the place 361-345-326 etc so really total conversion time is all that counts as your FPS were higher At 381 mine never got that high except at the very start then went down fast but my box on the left says cuda was used for encode and decode where as yours says cuda was used with lightning shrink why is this??? could it be that lightning is faster than encode/decode with Cuda?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 3dman; 09-29-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Marty:Well now after 2-3 conversions exactly the same way and settings same movie the box on the left now matches your screen shot cuda with lightning shrink is now being used and cuda for encode and decode is no longer in that box on the left I don't know why the change but total conversion speed seems to be the same now for both.

I see the difference in our FPS now If you check audio copy in the converter like I did you get 45 FPS less so that matches your conversion speed of 379 FPS or so when i don't have audio copy checked.

I am disappointed in 3d conversion speed it use's cuda and lightning for 3d to side by side and 3d to h265 side by side FPS is only about 100 and takes about 35 mins to convert a 2.5 hr movie from drive not bad but compared to a regular blu ray taking 8 mins or so it's a lot slower.

Most impressed with h265 conversion speeds and blu ray speeds.

Note to Fab developers:
                  Can this rip speed be improved for 3d movies in ripper with Cuda?
                  FPS is only about 100 in 1060 cuda card regular blu rays 300 FPS or so.

Their is no Cuda help going from 50 gigs to 25 gigs for full 3d can Cuda be used to help with these long conversion times to smaller 25 gigs for 3d disks like regular blu rays?

Comment

Anything is better that a pure software conversion, which takes around a couple of hours...

Comment

Working...
                    X