Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Directory ... You don't have permission to open this file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Directory ... You don't have permission to open this file.

When trying to load ISO file as source, I get the "Open Directory ... You don't have permission to open this file." error.

I am running DVDFAB as admin. I currently have VirtualCloneDrive installed as well but I would rather use DVDFAB to batch these ISO conversions to MP4.

Have you tried to drag and drop the iso onto the source area of Fab?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If that don't work try this:
      This is not a bug, it's security. Right click the ISO-file and select Properties. At the bottom of the General tab you probably see the text "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"

Just click the button Unblock and click Apply and/or OK. After the unlock there will be no error message anymore.

Comment

90312, I tried drag and drop. No dice.

3dman7, there's no such "blocked" message on the general tab for any of the ISOs nor is there such a thing on any of the parent folders.

Further, I can easily access the files from a non-admin file explorer. I can rename them, copy them, and mount them without a problem.

Comment

Why not try the free Fab virtual drive and see if you can mount with it here's the link.http://www.dvdfab.cn/virtual_drive.h...D=downloadpage

Comment

!!! Solved !!!

3dman7, you were onto something when it came to security. When I had the Properties...Security...Advanced window open, I noticed the Owner field was some weird UUIC. I changed it to my username and ... voila ... I can now batch these ISOs in DVDFAB!

I actually changed ownership of the entire drive ... which was salvaged from my old pc ... and made sure to check the inheritance box.

Comment

Glad you got it working my former advice came from Microsoft.

Comment

If it weren't for your advice, I would've never checked things like security, so thanks much!

Comment

Working...
                X