This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD to DVD Customizing Fab Menus for TV Episode Discs

TV episode discs are easier to navigate if you have set up the DVDFab menuing system before making the conversion. Follow the steps below and the attached captures for tips that will help make an easy to watch disc. These techniques can also be used with other modules that use the DVDFab menu generator (Creator, etc.)
    • First, make sure all the episode titles are selected (checked), then click Next.
    • The Main Menu will appear, see capture #1. You can change the text and default menu item names ("Play" and "Scenes") to better suit your task. Click the right arrow as shown when done.
    • The first Scene (Episode ) menu will now appear. Edit and change items as desired to suit your source disc. If you have more than 3 episodes, only the first 3 will be shown, click the right arrow again to access the next Episode menu or click Next.
    • Click Start to begin processing.
    This thread is open if you have problems or questions.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

I will certainly give this a try. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

You are welcome, I hope everyone enjoys using this feature.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I like your direction to include a two level menu system. But, for TV series, it would be really nice to list more than three episodes on a page. Take a look at the attached title menu created by multiAVCHD 3.0. I really would like to combine a title list like this into a two level menu: Level 1 = Season Name, Level 2 = Episode names. Listing 14 episodes on a single page, like the attachment, is really what I want and I would certainly purchase a tool that implements a two level menu system in this way.

Please consider this "Simple Menu" option for a future release. A simple 2-level title menu, without thumbnails, would make your product unique, as there is not a single product on the market that can currently do this.

Thank-you.

P.S. I'm an existing customer, just not a customer of Blu-ray creator.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TitanFan; 11-27-2014, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Yes, a "condensed" menu mode would be nice, also useful for DVD/BD Creator, where lots of small files could be added to the disc. Remember however that the DVD-Video spec has limits on things like titles and menu items.

Comment

I was think about Blu-ray menus. Ripping a TV series into small files and then adding multiple seasons onto a single Blu-ray disc. Implementing a two level menu with multiple seasons on page one (Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, etc..), and then the episode list for a season you click on displayed on page two of the menu would be very useful for TV series disc authoring.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              TV episode discs are easier to navigate if you have set up the DVDFab menuing system before making the conversion. Follow the steps below and the attached captures for tips that will help make an easy to watch disc. These techniques can also be used with other modules that use the DVDFab menu generator (Creator, etc.)
              • First, make sure all the episode titles are selected (checked), then click Next.
              • The Main Menu will appear, see capture #1. You can change the text and default menu item names ("Play" and "Scenes") to better suit your task. Click the right arrow as shown when done.
              • The first Scene (Episode ) menu will now appear. Edit and change items as desired to suit your source disc. If you have more than 3 episodes, only the first 3 will be shown, click the right arrow again to access the next Episode menu or click Next.
              • Click Start to begin processing.
              This thread is open if you have problems or questions.
              I've followed these instructions, yet the chapters selected end up reversed on the disc. How can I dictate the order of the files? (i.e. 2 movies on 1 disc [part 3 and part 4 but the part 4 is first before part 3 in the menu order)

Comment

Wow, that is strange. I will have to experiment and see if I can duplicate it. The order should be correct needless to say. Which show/season/disc was this?

Comment

it was actually SAW THE COMPLETE COLLECTION:

2 movies on first disc
                  3 on second disc
                  2 on third disc

Trying to duplicate what has been done on the original discs.....

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have this collection, but if the "parts" are actually different titles on the same disc, than you should rip them to a HDD folder using Main Movie mode, then load all the rips for a given disc (3 for the second disc for example) for the conversion. You can change the order if necessary by dragging (left click and hold) a title up or down as shown on the attached capture. If I have misunderstood your goal, clarify for me. The page in the capture appears after you click Next.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dwonton Abbey Season 5 - no episodes show

I tried your suggestion for converting blueray to DVD. Looking at your jpgs, I only get #1, when I click the arrow I don't see #2. I started from Copy -> To DVD.
                      That's Downton Abbey Season 5
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ht4cae; 03-27-2015, 04:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Something is apparently preventing DVDFab from seeing the individual episodes, perhaps the disc authoring is different from the one I used. Does the original disc have a menu for choosing the episode?

Comment

Hi,

The episodes should be in Other title.

Disc 1:
                          Main title: 406
                          Correct title for each episode: 802, 631, 709

Disc 2:
                          Main title: 521
                          Correct title for each episode: 457, 972, 334, 887

Disc3:

Main title: 649
                          Correct title for each episode: 806, 467

I'm using the Region A US version.

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

how to determine which file to use

I was out of town for awhile. I have the Original UK version from Amazon. My file numbers are different. So my question is how do I determine which files to use and what order to put them in? There was quite a list of files.
                            Thanks, HT
                            Last edited by ht4cae; 06-23-2015, 05:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Try using the Preview button which appears to the left of each title number with a mouseover.

Comment

Working...
                              X