No announcement yet.

Screens Entirely Too Large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody tried changing the orientation settings ??
    To either landscape or portrait.

Comment

Just tried it and I wont do that again
      Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Has anybody tried changing the orientation settings ??
      To either landscape or portrait.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This must be a bug as no other program including version 9 is effected by changing what I changed in order to help another.Changing back to where it was didn't help even after restarting re downloading or clean install.And the funny thing is once or twice it worked where as I got to reset my saved profile so I can now use the program but I just can't see or change the advanced settings in ripper.In the copy program the advanced settings are their so I think it's a bug with some resolutions.

Comment

Wilson can you check on this please in ripper copy is ok and advanced settings show up. I re downloaded and did a clean install and installed as admin. the latest version 10 I use resolution 1920x1080 Fab will work once and display correct then when you close Fab and reopen the information for advanced settings and the other 3 next to it is gone and off screen the last item on screen is the play button for viewer.Moving the items in the bars doesn't get it back on screen nor does changing between full screen and smaller screen.All the items in the bar like resolution/title etc. is spread widely and a scroll bar is at bottom of page scrolling the bar doesn't bring all the items it cuts off at the viewer play button and no advanced settings and the other 3 settings next to it.
          My size of windows apps.and text is 150 % in windows 10 I am not using the Nvidia video card settings all other programs on the computer run fine even fab version 9.Changing the size of text and apps. back to 100 percent doesn't do anything to make Fab 10 any different problem is the same.You can look at the pictures In post #22 to see the problem.
          Last edited by 3dman; 12-13-2016, 11:21 AM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

I seem to have found the correct settings to get the windows to fit my monitor. Also, somehow, I've gotten the program to burn backups most of the time. Sometimes, it still fails, pretty much as soon as the burn starts, but, overall, it's working.
            Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check out Imgburn.

Comment

The 1920x1080 resolution display of Fab running off the screen and not displaying correct for some is solved by using a setting in Fabs common settings
              In common settings general the top line is language and just to the right is a box with an "A" in it click on it and check the box for use qt rendering.
              Thanks to 90312 this solution was in the fab settings and unknow to myself and seems all trying to help in this topic.
              Their is a note not to use it if your not having trouble with display of Fab program and it may not be part of future Fab versions that part

Comment

This is not unlike the problem with XP for Fab, it will be maintained as long as practicable, but not forever. If they are forced to quit using the Qt platform due to an unsupported update or something similar, this option will be gone.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Fab should work with all resolutions in the current windows 10 with the latest drivers and versions as doe's version 9.
                  XP is no longer supported by Microsoft soon Vista won't my point is I am using the most up to date software with the latest drivers and Fab should work correctly on it regardless if fab supports the QT platform.

Comment

Hi all,

Please post the log file of the latest version 10026, thanks!

And better to add the screenshot.

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson:I was able to get it working in Fabs normal settings with the latest version of Fab there's 2 minor problems I will show screen shots for.

I know what caused it I made the windows box the small version that comes on screen when you first run Fab smaller half it's size so I could run windows on screen using half the screen and run another program on the other side of my screen at the same time so I can watch both running at the same time.

When this is done Fab or windows remembers how you open it the size you used last will be used until you remember to change it back.If you fail to change it back it stays the smaller size every time you use it and this makes everything run off screen that I showed screen shots for.

With the new version of Fab I was able to restore Fabs windows box to it's bigger size when small as when you first start up Fab you could always go to full screen but things were still messed up.The screen shots here have the 2 minor cutting off problem in fabs settings.

In my next post will show the messed up screen shots in this post all is fixed version for windows 10 latest Fab and windows drivers 1920x1080 at 150% enlargement ( needed to read small type) the screen shots are the 2 remaining minor problems now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is what happens when I made Fab half it's smaller size when it first comes up on screen.When in full screen you see the x is cut off but still can be clicked on when small there's a scroll bar on the bottom moved all the way to the right settings are cut off and some not even on screen.I wasn't able to make the windows size back to the size it should be it wouldn't expand now it's fully restored so the windows box can be resized.I won't be messing with box size any more.
                        I hope these posts can help the others that had the same problem I did.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X