Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trojan?

Hey Guys

A couple weeks ago I downloaded Mpv3 and got a Trojan warning. Completely deleted MediaPlayer 2 and 3. Just decided to try version 3 again, but got the same Trojan warning.

xdisc.dll contained threat Trojan.Gen.8

Just wanted to give you a heads up about it.

What security are you using? These are almost always false positives.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      What security are you using? These are almost always false positives.
      Norton Security

Comment

I have scanned the installer with current definition files of Malwarebytes Pro and Avira and found nothing.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Where did you download it from? I scanned the file downloaded from the Fab forum link with Norton and Malwarebytes then Mircosoft and all is well.

After downloading and checking with Norton their was no problems but during unpacking the message xdisc.dll contained threat Trojan.Gen.8 and stops the unpacking.
          Norton lets you run the program anyway if you select this i did so and it didn't work so i went back to downloads and started the unpacking from their now it works ok again I also ran as administrator.Funny how all 3 security programs checked the installer before it ran and all was ok but when running the installer that's when Norton gave the message it also said in it many user's downloaded the program in the Norton community.

Comment

Hi,

I will also have a check, thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I get this warning from ...
              "Malwarebytes has blocked a potentially malicious website."
              when trying to dl the media player from the dl page link.

now from mcafee:
              Are you sure you want to go there?
              http://d6.fabimg.cn/download/DVDFabMediaPlayer3001... may be risky to visit.

Why are you seeing this?
              When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.
              Last edited by sireast; 03-04-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
                I get this warning from ...
                "Malwarebytes has blocked a potentially malicious website."
                when trying to dl the media player from the dl page link.

now from mcafee:
                Are you sure you want to go there?
                http://d6.fabimg.cn/download/DVDFabMediaPlayer3001... may be risky to visit.

Why are you seeing this?
                When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.
                Not to brag, in a way I am I guess, I have Bitdefender Total Security 2017, and I've had it for years. It is one of the rare DVDFab friendly AVs out there.

Comment

Bit defender has had it's share of problems with Fab in the past just do a forum search and you will see.

Comment

Can't get it. error stills shows with or without AV prog

Here's the player log.

12:44:52 T:1240 notice: Plcore::Build Verison: 2.0.Unknown
                    12:44:52 T:1240 notice: Plcore::the plcore mode is 15
                    12:44:52 T:1240 notice: Plcore:: create NetworkShareCheck thread
                    12:44:52 T:1240 notice: Plcore:: init network share thread (0572ABF8)
                    12:44:52 T:1240 notice: VidonPlayer start work[edit time:20170307]
                    12:44:52 T:1240 notice: VDPlayer::init:elete old logs
                    12:44:52 T:1240 error: Plcore::SetPlcoreCallback type: 10000, description: Can not load the dll. Make sure the dll is at the right path. The dll path is xdisc.dll, name is xdisc.dll

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/9448/201...eofn-111kb.jpg

files are installed, jet uh-oh and exitin... non of the solutions so far have ende the problem. I've used player 3 before without problems so it suddenly came up after an update earlier this year.

Comment

uh-oh Fixed!

it appeared to be a problem with (missing or wrong release?) vcredist_86.exe.

I discovered this when installing another product that downloaded this package.
                      I've looked it up and tried a single setup on a clean machine
                      Get it here:
                      Fixes a problem in which a program that you build by using Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 crashes and you receive an "Illegal Instruction" exception.

just install the version of your language and it should work now, at least mine did!

Comment

running webroot secure anywhere for last 3 years.no problems with any program from dvdfab.you could say they run fabulously.

Comment

Working...
                        X