This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Why do we pay for this

It looks like you are saying that in order to copy/rip some DVDs now requires the purchase of additional software. The reason I bought the lifetime license several months ago is because you said that when new protection schemes were introduced that DVDFab would add solutions to new versions for free. Was that true?

You still say on your site, "DVD Copy + DVD Ripper, a perfect combination of DVD Copy and DVD Ripper, takes care of all your DVD needs on DVD copy and ripping." I am confused - do I need to buy more software to rip some disks if I have lifetime licenses for DVD copy and DVD ripper?

You don't have to buy anything additional at this point. When Cinavia removal is released for DVD it will very likely be an additional purchase, but you don't have to have it to backup your DVD library. If the original has Cinavia protection the backup will mute the audio if played on a player that recognizes it nothing changes.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by sparky2 View Post
      It looks like you are saying that in order to copy/rip some DVDs now requires the purchase of additional software......
      Where specifically do you think it says this? You have apparently not read the FAQ for CinaviaRemoval (http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28485) which answers your question. You will find that it clearly states that the DVD Cinavia repair functionality will be provided at no cost to current license holders of CinaviaRemoval HD.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Specifficaly in this DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD forum - post http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30130 which was the first one I read here. It says that DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD is needed to rip/copy DVDs that contain Cinavia protection and also says that DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD is a separate product and is purchased separately. As I mentioned in my post, I have paid for DVDRipper and DVDCopy licenses. As far as I know I am not a current license holder of CinaviaRemoval HD.

Perhaps I am lost, but it sounds like the software I bought (DVD Ripper and DVD Copy) are not all that is needed. It looks like many DVDs now have Cinavia protection which requires a separate purchase to circumvent. This is my understanding even after reading the FAQs.

I sincerely hope my understanding is incorrect and that I do not need to also purchase a Cinavia removal tool separately after buying lifetime licenses for the other two products.
        Last edited by sparky2; 02-23-2017, 04:21 AM. Reason: Clarify

Comment

I sincerely hope my understanding is incorrect and that I do not need to also purchase a Cinavia removal tool separately after buying lifetime licenses for the other two products.
          You will indeed need to purchase the Cinavia removal module. That being said, Cinavia on DVD cannot be removed at this time. Cinavia removal is only available for Blu-ray releases. Also, it is only Lionsgate that is putting Cinavia on DVDs and Blu-rays, with Sony only doing it on Blu-rays.

The reason that the module needs to be purchased is because of all the work involved to remove Cinavia. It has to be paid for somehow. So, only those customers that need to remove Cinavia need to pay for it.

And why only Blu-ray releases? I suspect it comes down to ROI. There are more Blu-ray purchasers than there are DVD purchasers.

Comment

BD vs DVD

Hi,
            I only purchase DVD not BD, so I need Cinavia removal for Plain DVD's an i've been waiting along time and still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

PS i bought the life time software.

apollo
            Last edited by apollo13; 02-23-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

........................ As far as I know I am not a current license holder of CinaviaRemoval HD...................
              Then I'm afraid you will have to purchase it unless you bought the All-in-One package.
              You can verify the licenses you have by checking your account in the Member Center on the Fab website.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X