CUDA acceleration not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by october262 View Post
    Did you try rolling back to an earlier driver for your graphics card.
    No because i dont know what version would work. Ive been using dvdfab For years and no driver so far has made CUDA work.

PLUS: The GTX 1000 series has been arround enough for dvdfab to be better built to take advantage of it. i dont know if other GTX 1080 SLI users can get it to work. Please tell us if it it works maybe we can get a clue.
    Last edited by HuskyPeter; 03-23-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Maybe try reading this - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29569

Comment

2 Banana's for my help ok I will give one to the crying Fab monkey this happens when you take Fab off the hard drive.

( I start with 60-70 FPS and after a few secs. it slows down to 20... and now 11?!?) Hey hey hey:
        This is normal for Fab it also will slow down at the end of the conversion.What really counts is total conversion time.

First pass seems to use cuda and second pass uses software the logs say both passes use cuda this is wrong mine will slow down a lot in second pass.Now if you really want to test this just turn off Cuda altogether in Fab general settings and do it all in software and see if the time till done is much more.

In my screen shots you will see a pop up come up when second pass is selected in advanced settings it says no Cuda or quick sync help but when selected it turns off h264 Cuda as seen in screenshot #2.Is this a bug or should Fab work this way for 2nd pass conversions? because I can't control how Fab works or why Cuda is turned off in 264 for a 265 conversion in Fabs general settings I have to ask my mentor and teacher of all things Fab Mr Wilson Wang or Fab developer can you please respond to this please I pass the other Banana to you to get the answer.
        Screenshot 3 shows 8 processors at 100 percent no cuda help 1st pass
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 3dman; 03-23-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Have read it mate.

Comment

Seen this - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2279448
            Try disabling the SLI and see if CUDA now works.

Comment

Huskey Pete:Lets do a test to see if both cards work with cuda.load a movie in Fab set bits/pixel to .40 as you always do and set all the same except do a one pass so set up in settings fast encoding see my screen shot.Now if your cards do work together with cuda Fabs running log should say cuda with lightning shrink being used I get about 222 FPS with one 1060 cuda card yours should be much higher as you have 2 cards and your I-7 chip is also faster than mine so let us know your FPS now so we know if both cards are working together.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Please disable one card first and try again, DVDFab does not support the SLI yet.

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  Hi,

Please disable one card first and try again, DVDFab does not support the SLI yet.

Wilson
                  already dont, disabled second card, ran dvdfab which recognized 1 card, but same crappy fps

Comment

Wilson what about post #33 why are all 8 of my CPU's running at 100% in first pass with one Cuda 1060 card and why doe's Fab turn Cuda off in fab settings for 264 when doing a 265 conversion with 2 pass after the pop up comes up saying there's no Cuda help or quick sync help and asks you to change to all software? look at the screen shots.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyPeter View Post
                      already dont, disabled second card, ran dvdfab which recognized 1 card, but same crappy fps
                      How much memory/ram does your computer have??
                      And what is the maximum it will take.
                      Last edited by october262; 03-24-2017, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Pete: Please do the test in post #36 with one cuda card and report FPS after 2 mins. running a conversion should be more than 222 but just do a 1 pass to see if Cuda works at all for you.
                        Each of the 1080 cards require 500 watts of power recommended so do you have a 1000 watts for the 2 cards and 300-400 for the computer? Plus proper cooling for the heat they will produce if they were both running together?
                        Just a thought.
                        OCT.262:Wilson gets the bananas 2 cards won't run with Fab end of story.BTW each of the 1080's has 8 gigs of memory on the card itself.

Comment

Just for reference this is my 980 @ 2 minutes.
                          Attached Files
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

How much memory/ram does your computer have??
                            And what is the maximum it will take.
                            I have 32GB DDR4 and 8x2GB GPU memory.

Comment

Why o why does this NOT WORK?

BTW is it better to have lightning shrink when converting x265. Or shall i do without LS and enable all CUDA?

Comment

Check mark lightning shrink and all Cuda for all conversions and please do a one pass to see if your Cuda is working with lightning shrink if you do what I say you may get some results otherwise I am wasting my time here.The running log during the conversion should say both are running and frame count after 2 mins. should be above 222 with one card only please.You need not do a whole conversion cancel after 2 mins. this is a test.

Our next test to see if any of your windows files are corrupted or missing and check hard disk for errors go into command prompt/administrator when their type in chkdsk/r then press enter key this will check and repair bad sectors on the disk and see if their are corrupt or missing windows files on the disk and repair them if the computer can from a list of windows files kept on the computer in a secure place.

The report will tell you everything windows did to repair itself and if it could repair it should files be missing or corrupt.This will take a long time to do on a big hard drive so do it overnight or when you won't need the computer for awhile.It cannot do this while the drive is in use so after a few seconds after you press enter the computer will tell you so and ask if you will like to do it on the next computer restart yes or no type in Y and press enter then do a restart the process will check the hard drive after restarting begins give it time maybe a hour or more depending on hard drive size the report will be given after it's done.
                                Last edited by 3dman; 03-25-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X