No announcement yet.

Why increase DVD ripping resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Why increase DVD ripping resolution?

Hi,

this is probably a stupid question (in two parts) so here goes....

1) If the DVD standard provides a maximum resolution of 720x576 (@25fps)
    why would I want to rip a DVD with higher resolutions settings in DVDFab?

2) In the DVDFab Edit Window under the Crop tab I see a resolution suggested by DVDFab (see the attached schreenshot) which is much higher than the above DVD standard. How can that be?

I've been trying to understand how this works but have had no luck in finding a clear explanation so I was hoping someone in the forum might want to help me out...

A big thanks in advance and best regards from Bavaria,
    Mario
    Attached Files

If you display a dvd on some hi def. sets the picture can look ok or bad this depends on how well the up-conversion is done in the TV.Should you have a TV that doesn't up convert the lower resolution picture well giving a very soft picture or a lot of up conversion artifacts then doing the up conversion on better equipment or up converted in good up converting software such as Fab then the picture will look artifact free.Adding extra lines of resolution doesn't increase the picture to look as a blu ray doe's they have the extra information encoded in them.Up converting just repeats the information that's their already to produce a higher resolution picture with out the extra picture information of a blu ray.

Comment

Working...
    X