Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Potential infection of new DVDFab

Hello,

After following the auto-update of DVDFab today Norton anti-virus prompted me a threat of "Heur.AdvML.B" and eventually the xdisc.dll file was removed. Please ensure the distributed copy of DVDFab is clean.

Thanks.

Originally posted by coolala View Post
    Hello,

After following the auto-update of DVDFab today Norton anti-virus prompted me a threat of "Heur.AdvML.B" and eventually the xdisc.dll file was removed. Please ensure the distributed copy of DVDFab is clean.

Thanks.
    It was a false positive, use good A/V and that wont happen, I use Eset and it never pickup anything from Fab. Norton is bloated crapware.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by coolala View Post
      Hello,

Thanks.
      My Norton 360 reports no issues regarding the latest released version of DVDFab 10.

Heur.AdvML.B is also not even the name for an actual infection. Its a name Symantec assigns to what they only believe to be an infection, due to some sort of specific behavior.
      Sometimes they do go a little overboard regarding these in their Norton Antivirus.
      Report the issue to Symantec, which you can do threw your online Norton account.

Guess the guys working on Norton 360 does a better job, than their colleagues working on the pure Norton Antivirus software.

Comment

For those users experiencing a problem with Media Player 3 and are using a Norton product, please see this link:

<span style="color:blue"><b>Latest versions: <span style="color:red"> Fab Player v2.4.00 (Mac) |<span style="color:blue">| NEW VERSION:<span style="color:red">Fab Player v3.1.0.1 (Win) is out! </b></span>
        Last edited by Jeffie; 03-22-2017, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X