Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imgburn - Disk to Disk

friends,

i was wondering if ImgBurn has the capability of copying to a dvd FROM a dvd.

there is no protection on my source dvd - so that won't be a problem.

thanks in advance

not really, you need to create an iso first and then burn form the iso.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorrell View Post
      friends,

i was wondering if ImgBurn has the capability of copying to a dvd FROM a dvd.

there is no protection on my source dvd - so that won't be a problem.

thanks in advance
      Hi Dorrell
      The answer is yes you can do it with ImgBurn

1) Open ImgBurn and load your disc in your drive

2) Select create image file from disc, the source on the top will be your drive with the movie in it and the destination will be a folder of your choice ( I use a folder I created on my C: drive called Movie Burns)

3) After that is done put the blank disc in your drive, under Mode click Write now the source is going to be the image file you just made and the destination is going to be your drive now click the little folder > disc icon and your done it will burn it and enjoy

Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Dorrell

Another thing I should add, when you are done make sure to delete the file created by ImgBurn as it will take up unnecessary space on your hard drive
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

The short answer is no, as dirio49 advised in post #2.
          Img is NOT capable of copying dvd to dvd directly.

However, CBR929 is exactly right on how to go about this process with Img.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

friends,

i hate to prove you all wrong but i just found a way to do so

*open up ImgBurn and load both movies into drives and click on Write Image File To Disk

*under mode click on build

*on browse for a folder - find the video ts folder from the source dvd and click on that

*then hit the burn button!!

it's worked for me twice! spread the word!!

Comment

again - this is for a disk that has NO protection on it.

Comment

friends,

*open up ImgBurn and load both movies into drives and click on Write Image File To Disk

*on browse for a folder - find the video ts folder from the source dvd and click on that

Hi
                Dorrell
                You will not be proving me wrong as I know you can do this
                The instructions I gave you are pretty accurate if you only have 1 drive but , like many of us, we have many drives
                CBR929

Comment

there went my ego

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  Hi
                  Dorrell
                  You will not be proving me wrong as I know you can do this
                  The instructions I gave you are pretty accurate if you only have 1 drive but , like many of us, we have many drives
                  CBR929

Comment

Egos are not allowed on this forum!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

that would have been good to know

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Egos are not allowed on this forum!!!

Comment

friends,

Who're you kidding, you love proving us wrong...lol

Seriously, I didn't think you could do this in a 1-step process.
                        LUK! must've changed something, I swear you couldn't do this before.

Well, unless my dementia has gotten worse.
                        But that's the good thing about dementia...I don't remember...lol

Anyway Dorrell, thanks for posting this.
                        And it's not true that you can't teach a old dog new tricks...it just may take awhile...
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

i guess the perks of having a cushy office job has hit the jackpot!!

i was bored at work, so i decided to load a movie and a blank and go on the prowl with ImgBurn.

it may or may not have taken me over an hour to figure out this process

enjoy friends

Originally posted by maineman View Post

And it's not true that you can't teach a old dog new tricks...it just may take awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post

You are only as old as you think my old friend.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Dorrell,tried it and it works fine and was very easy BUT like the man said
                              this works very well with two drives. Thanks for the info !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X