mp4 movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edistoriverrat,
    This really does not happen very often, I doubt you will find missing content on many conversions. This is not related to Movie Server. I have also standardized on MP4 with a house full of Apples and have had good results.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals .
      I don't understand what would cause the problem edistoriverrat has with minutes missing from the first part of the movie. It's not just that a shorter Title is selected.

Usually an "edit" feature has to be used to cut a part of a movie out.
      I haven't tried to see if Ripper has any such editing feature .
      Even if it does edistoriverrat isn't using it .
      At least he hasn't posted anything to indicate he is.

What would cause Ripper to make an edit type cut like this ?

Comment

@ edistoriverrat ,
        I think I have figured out the problem looking at various information sources.
        The first problem is Bitter Harvest is a very new release. The other conversions to .mp4s that are "missing time" probably were very new releases at the time of conversion. The problem with this is DVDFab sometimes has to get "bug" reports on a new release to find new encryption or copy protections. That is why new versions come out so often.
        When you ripped the "Full Movie" the copy protections removed were good for playing from the DVD compliant format. So would have burned to a dual layer DVD correctly.

When you rip the "Full Movie" you get everything including any .ifo that directs DVD Ripper to a "dummy" or incorrect Title set.
        Of course DVD Copy should remove all the copy protections but with a new release it can let new copy protections slip by that won't prevent the "Full Movie" from copying or working on a DVD.
        Those copy protections apparently can "redirect" DVD Riper to select an incorrect Title set.
        Until DVDFab developers know about the problem & write new code to correct this.
        This can be movie specific.
        Also I don't believe the there is actual time missing from your .mp4s.
        What has happened is the copy protections directed DVD Ripper to select a "Dummy" Title set that copied the .vobs in the wrong order. This makes the movie in the .mp4 start with VTS_01_2.VOB or VTS_01_3.VOB for example. VTS_01_1.VOB may be somewhere in the middle or at the end of the movie.(Of course the Title sets for a specific movie can have a different file name VTS_03_2.VOB for example). The end result is the same.
        Once a movie isn't as new a release & problems have been reported to DVDFab they correct the problem if possible . Then DVD Ripper will select the correct Title set automatically.
        So with a very new release it is a good idea to come to the forum & see if others are having a problem with a movie. Then if you find information select the correct Title set manually.
        Or wait a while for the problems to be reported & corrected. That is what I usually do & I seldom have any problems with a movie.

Comment

I wanted to add a bit to the above for clarification.

Some of the fake titles can have only part of the movie. In ripper you can tell sometimes by the length fab picks the longest run time which is mostly correct although some movies fake titles will all have the same run time so then look at the soundtrack and sub titles there should be a full movie soundtrack (usually a 6 channel AC3 same as AC-3/5.1) and subtitles if not its fake but then sometimes all will contain all the above information and same run time on the soundtracks then you need to find the correct title to work with.

You can play the movie in previewer that's built in fab to see what title is playing and use it try it in version 8 of DVDFab (if you have it) normally this version gets it correct as it use's different ways of finding the correct title.

Comment

Yes, you can chop and edit movies in Ripper, in two ways: using the chapter controls or the Editor, as shown in the captures. Hard to do either one accidentally.
            Attached Files
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals,
              I tried both methods & was able to remove the beginning of a movie.
              I agree this would be difficult to impossible to do accidentally .
              If someone was checking the settings & not paying attention the first chapter might get removed by accidentally selecting chapter 2. That would require paying very little attention .
              I don't believe that is what happened to edistoriverrat.

I believe what happened to the movies edistoriverra has the first part missing was cause by:
              Ripping very new releases .
              The copy protection misdirected DVD Ripper to select a "dummy" Title set that was missing the first part of the movie or had it in the incorrect order.
              If the release had been a bit older then reports to DVDFab developers would have been made & the problem fixed .
              This is why I usually leave very new releases alone .
              Wait till problems have been reported & fixed.
              I almost never have a problem with an incorrectly selected title.

Comment

another movie

So far, I have found one more movie that is missing the first segment. (The Assignment)

Comment

Is that the DVD or BD?

Comment

Hi edistoriverrat
                    I have send a PM , please check it.
                    We need the source to reproduce it. 
                    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by edistoriverrat View Post
                      So far, I have found one more movie that is missing the first segment. (The Assignment)
                      What is the movie release? Is it the latest ?
                      Attached Files
                      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Is that the DVD or BD?
                        @ signals , edistoriverrat previously posted he only works with DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                        X