X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the 2 log files.
    Attached Files

Comment

Quadro 4000M is CUDA 2.1 device. NVIDIA REMOVED THE CUDA BASE CUDA GPU in the new driver form 340.52 or higher.

Please roll back to the old driver 337.88, 335.23 or 334.89 which support CUDA encoder.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for that

I have been using VSO Video Converter and they have managed to get CUDA encoding to work with the new driver?

Main problem I have is that I don't have any of the older Drivers to roll back to

Comment

How do we know that CUDA or IQS is used in VSO Video Converter?
          From the log events?

Support IQS and CUDA on my PC. I convert a DVD ISO to h264 mp4 format that IQS or CUDA will be used in DVDFab.

Wilson
          Attached Files
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello

I have been talking to their technical support. They just created a new beta which they asked me to test that includes an updated CUDA for the latest driver.

When using this version, under settings I have two options - Use Hardware decoders and Use Hardware Encoders (nVidia CUDA). I only have the encoder ticked.

When you run an encoding the speed of the encoding is greatly increased, from this I can only conclude that CUDA encoding is working.

I am trying to locate my previous quadro driver and will rollback to see if the speed of the encoding changes with that in comparison to the latest one.
            Last edited by Designer_Bob; 09-02-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Yes the VSO people have definitely got CUDA encoding working with the latest NVidia Driver. I did some tests and this is what I found out:

These were all done encoding the same footage from a BluRay

Driver 311.66
              DVDFab encoding 50fps with CUDA enabled for decode and encode
              VSO Converter encoding 90fps with CUDA enabled for encode only

Driver 332.50

Driver 340.66
              DVDFab encoding 25fps with only CUDA enabled for decode only

If I then deselect CUDA encoding with VSO I get only 5fps so they have definitely got CUDA encoding working with the latest driver. Talking to their developers confirms this.

Comment

HI:
                Total conversion time should be the factor when comparing speed with Fab not FPS as Fab starts slow and picks up speed later when getting to the main movie then at times near the end slows a little.This happens with cuda and QS.

Comment

Yes I know about the ramp up of encoding fps, VSO does the same. The figures I posted were the stabilised figures once they had been running for a short time.

However, these figures are just there to illustrate that CUDA encoding can work with the new driver from Nvidia so surely the guys at DVDFab can implement it in a similar way? It took the VOS development team just a couple of hours to make the change and bingo - working CUDA encoding again.

Come on DVDFab - show us what your made of

Comment

VSO let you use encode in new driver by copy some file from old driver into their soft install folder, it is not safe at all, maybe it can work in recent new driver, but after Nvidia update the drivers on and on, the file from old driver may can not be coexistence. It's a fake way, IT ACTUALLY STILL USE OLD DRIVER.

Driver 332.50
                    Could you please post the conversion parameters here? e.g. output resolution, audio, video bitrate... Or attached the mediainfo of both files.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I actually thought it was quite a creative way of getting it to work. By embedding the dll within their software it means that CUDA will continue to work no matter what update Nvidia create. Not sure how you can say that it is not safe if it is just using the dll from the previous driver?

By doing what they have done people like me (and many others) can continue to use their older graphics card without the need to buy a new one. Considering the Quadro 4000 was about £800 I am not going to rush out and get a replacement any time soon.

The settings I used were this:

DVDFab
                      Codec H264
                      Resolution 1920 x 1080
                      Encoding Method CRF (Value 17)
                      Preserve Chapters
                      Audio Codec AC3
                      Channels 5.1
                      Sample Rate 48000 Hz
                      Bit Rate 320 kbps

VOS
                      Codec H264
                      Resolution 1920 x 1080
                      Encoding Method Constant Quantizer (Value 17)
                      Audio Codec AC3
                      Channels 5.1
                      Sample Rate 48000 Hz
                      Bit Rate 320 kbps

I realise that I was using a different encoding method in VSO (get better results with Constant Quantizer than with Constant Quality) but I was just trying to illustrate that CUDA was working.

Many thanks. Ian

Comment

IT ACTUALLY STILL USE OLD DRIVER. means it like you install old driver, so we recommand use old driver in Post #1.
                        No need to buy a new videocard, you just need use some driver, It's Nvida's policy to promote new product.

For the conversion speed, we will also check it.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

All

The information in post #1 has been reviewed and found to be still current and accurate as of 9 December 2014.

All,
                          Please see the update for hardware acceleration in DVDFab here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29569

Some of the information in this thread is still valid, the link updates information for CUDA and IQS for H264 and H265.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                          X