Disable Update Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Disable Update Check

I request a setting (perhaps under Network > General) to disable checking for updates, which is a standard option in most software that features update checks.

There is an UpdateCheck setting in fab_config.xml which could be set to 0 as a workaround in DVDFab 9. However, that setting doesn't appear to have an effect on DVDFab 10, as this morning a Live Update window popped up for a 10019 > 10020 update, despite the UpdateCheck="0" setting.

See here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/settings/General

Comment

Thanks for the link, but I don't see anything about update checks there.

EDIT: Just had another look and I found the relevant part (searching the text for "update" didn't find it):

Check for new version automatically:

This option enables DVDFab to auto-check if there is new version available online. “Check Now” button right behind equals this function, but in a manual way.
      So it's documented. But the setting is not there in DVDFab 10... Pick n Pay specials or Spar specials will rock everybody through the end of the year.
      Last edited by teelo; 01-22-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Why do you want to disable the live update?

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Similar to the reason for wanting the option to unsubscribe from a newsletter. For those who prefer to do non-critical software updates at their own convenience, the option reduces unnecessary pop-ups/notifications.

Comment

DVDFab is not similar as a newsletter.

To support latest disc protection, we have to update software from time to time, so user need update to latest version to be worry free.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

disc decryption on v.10
              is it done locally or remotely on your server?

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
                disc decryption on v.10
                is it done locally or remotely on your server?
                It's apparently a mix of both. I recently experimented using DVDFab offline to get a sense of how functional the Blu-ray copy feature would be should DVDFab cease being able to provide cloud decryption, or if it were blocked by a government at the user's end.

The result was very hit-and-miss. Many copied fine offline, but many 'old' discs triggered an "Internet is required to open this Blu-ray disc" message, not just new releases.

Comment

Working...
                X