Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to choose good quality DOUBLE LAYER DISCS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media How to choose good quality DOUBLE LAYER DISCS?

When it is time to buy blank discs, I go straight to Amazon's web site. I live in the rural area, and the closest Best Buy is miles away.(Also, the selections are limited.). I generally buy trustworthy Verbatim brand. Occasionally, I get toasters with DL discs. If the copied movie is huge (computer's hard drive), I prefer DL blank disc to a single layer. The last pack I bought was a new brand,SMARTBUY. I was very pleased with it.
    Right now, I am looking at available brands at Amazon. There are few choices. Sometimes, brand names offer different packs of 50. So, how do you choose? What is the determining factors? Other than price.
    Currently, Memorex brand (which is fair) costs $100 for 50 discs!!! Smartbuy is only $29.

Suggestions will be appreciated. thank you.

I am moving your thread since it does not really seem to be a problem or question about DVDfab.

As to blank discs, the problem with off-brands like Smartbuy is that there is no assurance that the next stack of them you buy will be of the same manufacture as the ones that you have now (in fact the probability is they will not). The Verbatims are expensive but reliable, I don't burn much anymore but they are all I ever used particularly for DLs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I buy from e-bay. I only get inkjet compatible discs, as I have an Epson printer with the capability to print real labels. Non inkjet will be cheaper.

I pretty much get whatever is cheapest and for DL, in lots of 100. I mostly use BD25 as I use DVDFab to reduce the BD50 originals to BD25. No need to be picky, because if there is a problem with the burned copied, I just redo it from the original.

Comment

Working...
      X