Trouble Burning DVD Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Burning DVD Copy

I am having all kinds of trouble burning a disc when using DVD Copy. After converting a disc it rejects the disc but does not let me insert a blank disc to be copied. It says (file) disc burned properly. This started happening after upgrading to 3.5. I have tried using DVD FAB burn, VSO Burn and Imgburn. Prior to this it said the disc burned properly but it would not play in my Blue Ray player.
    Attached Files

Try slowing down the burn speed to 4x
    Also what blank media do you use ??
    And is your computer's dvd drives have the latest firmware update
    please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

Hi mikephoff
      Correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I see from the burn log your making an ISO Image file and not trying to burn to disc. Make sure you have your optical drive as your target in Fab to see if it will now recognize the blank disc.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929:Your correct again.20:05:55 Destination File: C:\Users\mike-\OneDrive\Documents\DVDFab10\TONI_ERDMANN.iso

Mikephoff: Make sure you change output as in screen shot for disks.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 3dman; 04-23-2017, 02:42 AM. Reason: Added screen shot

Comment

I have the output set to burn to disc. I have set the burn speed to 4x. I am using Verbatim DVD+ Blank discs. My firmwear is up to date. The DVD copy program says that the disc has burned properly. The disc will not play on my computer or DVD player. I get an error message that says the disc could not be read. It indicates that the CODEC may be wrong. I have downloaded the latest logs. I have wasted many blank discs. Please help if you can. I sent an email to support and have not gotten a reply.
          Attached Files

Comment

You burned at 8x try 4x and in img burn write settings check mark OPC before burn and try again.These disks id as MCC 004 disks good serial numbers no problem disks.
            I 21:11:59 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 11,080 KB/s (8x)
            Last edited by 3dman; 05-09-2017, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Also in IMG burn settings under options for file system during build iso in the pull down select ISO9660&JOLIETt&UDF from what's in that box now this way if your dvd player can't play one it will fall back to one of the others a computer will pick ISO9660.
              You do know a iso must be used with virtual drive on the computer unless you use Fabs media player right?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 3dman; 05-09-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

since the topic is trouble burning dvd copy...

here's mine...

I/O error!
                Cdb: Test Unit - ready
                SenseData: Power calibration area error.

using ver. 9.3.2.1

thanks for any advise.

Comment

Sireast:Use better blank media this error = disk and burner don't like each other you can try img burn burner and see if you can burn with it but make sure burn speed is set for half what the disk is rated for.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                    Sireast:Use better blank media this error = disk and burner don't like each other you can try img burn burner and see if you can burn with it but make sure burn speed is set for half what the disk is rated for.
                    thanks 3dman7 for the comment.
                    I have only used one brand for my blank disc (verbatim) and was just surprised all of a sudden this message popped up, burning speed to 6x.

Comment

This sounds more like a dirty lens or failing laser in your drive. Do check the drive firmware as others have suggested.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        This sounds more like a dirty lens or failing laser in your drive. Do check the drive firmware as others have suggested.
                        for some odd reason..
                        was able to burn again with the same batch of disc.
                        no settings has been changed, no updates, except for windows updates.

Comment

Working...
                        X