Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfers movie from Computer

Hi....
    I am trying to transfer my movies from my computer to a external hard drive, I have tried a couple and when I transfer over or copy it comes up with 5 files V01 each running for about 20/25 minutes. on the external hard drive..... what do I need to change in DVD fab to stop this and just move the movie across.

thank you for your help

Hi Scraggs
    You do not need Fab to do this.
    You can use copy and paste, or click on the file and drag it to your external drive.
    Also what format are these files in?

CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

file transfer

I did copy and paste... it comes up with VTS_01.2.VOB files goes through to about 5 folders each on

my computer is NTFS and so is external hard drive, is there somewhere in DVD fab that I have to change....

Comment

Hi Scraggs
        You would do the folder itself and not the files within the folder.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Scraggs View Post
          I did copy and paste... it comes up with VTS_01.2.VOB files goes through to about 5 folders each on...
          This is standard dvd structure, ie., the folders are supposed to contain .VOB, .IFO and .BUP files.

I doubt the problem is the result of the copy & paste.
          Just select and playback from the movie folder and do not attempt to playback subdirectories/subfolders.

How and what are you using to view the files and how and what are you using for playback?
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

file transfer

I copy the whole folder over thats how it is on my computer, I don't open it ....

Comment

For a start let's try this.

Download and install VLC media player. www.videolan.org

Then using windows explorer, navigate to the ROOT directory of the copy. This should have two subdirectories underneath it, VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS.

Right click on the folder. Play with VLC Media Player.

Originally posted by Scraggs View Post
              I copy the whole folder over thats how it is on my computer, I don't open it ....
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Movie transfer

I originally copied these movies from a DVD,onto my computer to be copied to a DVD. I now want to copy them to an external hard drive, when I do I get 5 maybe more folders instead of just one movie....
                I have copied and pasted one over, I have moved one over , I have even used DVD Fab to move it over... it does not change the fact I get 5 or more folders each time

Do I need to change anything in DVD Fab to fix this ... that's all I need to now....

thank you ........

Comment

Try to save your movie as image so you obtain a single file .iso
                  VLC and common mediaplayers can open and read these files.
                  DVDFab can also open this file as a DVD or you can mount the image with Demon Tools to see the .ifo .vob files.

Comment

Working...
                  X