Uh oh, can't load xdisc.dll, exiting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't find a delete option when editing. Fixed my problem with a reinstall of MP2 then MP3.
    Last edited by Spinmd; 02-16-2017, 04:19 PM. Reason: Found a solution

I could not duplicate it, glad it is OK now.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I started getting this message. I can't open Media Player. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimroy View Post
        I started getting this message. I can't open Media Player. How do I fix this? Thanks.
        Me to. It's stopped me from installing the program.

Comment

same issue with me same message when I try to open the media player v3.0.0.1

Comment

Look to see if your security program allows fab media player to run it must be able to connect to the internet also so look that fab media player is allowed access.If yes then I would delete it from the hard drive clean the registry with The free version of Ccleaner and re download from Fabs front page.Watch the install process if your security program has a pop up that says this program may be unsafe and gives you a choice to allow anyway click on yes seems as of late some security programs are not allowing it to run unless you allow it in settings or when installing it.

Comment

no luck

Thanks for the suggestion 3dman7 but I didn't have any luck. CCCleaner wanted me to manually go into the registry as it was unable to successfully clean all it felt was needed.

The download was successful and I thought the install looked good but when I tried to launch Media Player, I received the attached message. As I made an image of the drive prior to d/l cccleaner, I re-imaged it back.

FWIW, I my techie guru suggested I was likely to experience some tough times if I migrated from Windows 7 to 10 using the free upgrade. The recommendation was to do a clean install. As a clean install of Windows 10 was not something I was willing to do, I guess I'll learn to live with the few headaches.
              Attached Files

Comment

no luck either

Thanks 3dman7. Followed your instructions but it did not fix my problem. Still getting the uh oh message. I uninstalled player3 and reinstalled player2. Now it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimroy View Post
                  Thanks 3dman7. Followed your instructions but it did not fix my problem. Still getting the uh oh message. I uninstalled player3 and reinstalled player2. Now it works for me.
                  Just so I understand, are you saying only Player 2 works and you can't laod Player 3.

Comment

no luck either

Hi Jeffie. I uninstalled player 3 and reinstalled player 2. i tried to update to player 3 from within player 2 but got the same error message. I am now using player2 and it opens and works.

Comment

same here. Media Player 2 is stable and functioning and I was able to apply my key. I did try to "upgrade" hoping that path would be more successful but whatever the issues are affecting stability is beyond my pay grade.

Microsoft just released some a cumulative upgrade that I hoped would address this issue but no luck.

Comment

Looks like the culprit is Norton. The attached screenshots are intended to be helpful but are by no means all inclusive. If you are not comfortable changing settings to your Norton software, Norton provides lifetime support and they will remotely make the necessary changes. Tell them you trust DVDFab and the quarantining is unjustified.

I realize there are many Norton products but I am using Norton Internet Security. Make the necessary adjustments for your product and if you are unsure what to do, call Norton. With the changes made, Media Player 3 is now working and stable.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Jeffie; 03-22-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Hey Jeffie, thanks for the info. That worked for me. Give yourself a raise in pay grade. 😎👍

Comment

Working...
                          X