DVDFab Won't Open Blu-Ray Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab Won't Open Blu-Ray Drive

I have an external Blu-Ray USB drive that I've been using for a long time with no problems. With the latest version (10.0.3.2), DVDFab acts like it doesn't see the drive (the previous version, 9.3.2.1, does work properly). I checked the DVDFab 10 internal log, and it does recognize that there is a disc in the disk in the drive, but it won't open it. This has happened for many different discs, so it's not disc-related.

Any idea what's wrong?

Attached Files

Oops

I forgot to mention that the previous version of DVDFab 10 worked fine with no problems.

Comment

Look in device manager are the 3 drives in it with no yellow check mark next to them? you can try uninstalling them then restart computer and let windows install them again.Being their all USB drives check the UBS driver also their should be no yellow check marks next to it if their is uninstall it also and restart computer.
      Last edited by 3dman; 04-12-2017, 10:10 PM. Reason: add info.

Comment

The Drive Works

I know the drive works because if I launch DVDFab 9, it opens the DVD with no problems. Also, if you look at the log file, DVDFab 10 recognizes the drive and identifies the DVD title in the drive. It just won't open the Ripper program.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Are you running dvdfab " as administrator "
          Maybe try reinstalling Dvdfab.
          Also that check your graphics card drivers are up to date

Comment

First update Fab to newest version here http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB10_BETA

Now open Fab settings and see if all your drives are listed with a check mark in front in each drive like my screen shot.

I want you to check computer click on it windows should list all 3 drives doe's it?
            Attached Files

Comment

That Fixed It

Thank you, 3dman7; upgrading to 10.0.3.3 fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X