Region Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Region Question

I'm sure this must have been answered before, but a search for Region produces hundreds of threads on all sorts of different topics.

I'm in the US and my computer is set to Region 1. I know I can change it Region 2, but there is a 5-switch limit.

Will DVDFab Ripper rip a Region 2 disc from my Region 1 drive without me using up a switch?

It should, but you may have the NTSC & PAL format issue
    If you play the disc on your TV

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem

I'm located in the US and have ripped DVD and Bluray discs from EU, Australia, UK and other countries without a problem and without having to mess with the hardware region code information in the DVD/Bluray drive.

Comment

OK, thanks. I can't find the last few seasons of Hustle anywhere except on Region 2 discs and I desperately want to watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          It should, but you may have the NTSC & PAL format issue
          If you play the disc on your TV
          I just checked and the discs that I want to use say "PAL". I'm assuming that I will not play them directly from the discs. My plan would be to rip to iTunes format with DVDFab Ripper.

Is format going to be a problem?

Comment

PAL

PAL won't make difference as long as you aren't copying rhe video without reencoding. I playback rips that started life as PAL on Kodi without any problems.

Comment

Working...
            X