Ripper 10.0.3.9 very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripper 10.0.3.9 very slow

I downloaded version 10.0.3.9 when it became available (in the last couple of days). Since then BD rips are taking a long time to process, roughly twice as long as before. So far it's been more than 4 hours for a single title that used to take about 2 hours.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. I haven't changed any parameters since the update was installed.

I can't reproduce your results. Check all your settings and maybe rip the main movie to the HDD and make your file from that.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

I was already working from HDD for batch purposes, so that's not the problem.

I'm blown away by the speed at which your rip seems to be working. Less than 10 minutes for a full rip? I'd sure like to see that, but my point was that a rip that used to take about 2 hours now takes more than 4 hours.

One difference I can see is at:

CUDA GPU acceleration for Lightning-Shrink enabled

My video card (AMD-based) doesn't support CUDA, so that's not an option. The image below is what I have in General Settings. If you have suggestions, I'm all ears, as I'm still learning my way around these things.

Thanks for your help!
      Attached Files

Comment

Is there no AMD support for encoding?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

There is AMD support, or there seems to be. The default setting (in my image, above) was "AMD App," but this is the setting that took 4 hours per rip.

In all, the choices are:

> Software
          > CUDA
          > DXVA
          > AMD App
          > Intel Quick Sync

CUDA and Intel Quick Sync won't work with AMD video. I don't know about DXVA, but I checked "Disable all GPU codecs" and a rip that took over 4 hours yesterday completed in just over 1 hour, so that's progress.

As I noted before, I'm still in the learning phase. I expect I have a lot more to learn.

Comment

Chris,

Please see post #1 in this thread for the latest on AMD APP: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29569 You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the post where you will find a heading for AMD.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the link. I apologize for not going there first, but my search didn't turn that up.

I tried to run AMDcheck, but right now Avast is blocking it. I'm sure it's safe, but I don't want to undo anything in Avast that might protect me later.

I suspect, however, that my video card isn't up to snuff (AMD Radeon R7 200). I updated the Crimson driver, but on the encoding side DVDfab reports that the AMD app isn't supported for my video card. AMD app works for decoding, but it's still slower than software decoding.

Thanks again for your help. That link will be useful if I decide to replace my current video card. (I'll save building a new system for a later date.)

Comment

Working...
              X