Help is needed here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help is needed here

Whenever I download a new version it automatically overrides the old one.How can I keep the old one and having the new one also installed ?Can someone explain this to me step by step.Like to keep 9.0.7.0 and load 9.0.7.2 Thank you guys.

This is what I do and there are probably other ways.
    When the installer asks where to install I rename it as the version "C:\DVDFAB9070" and uncheck all the boxes that create icons - all of them.
    Install and browse to the folder, find the DVDFab application/right click and create shortcut. This creates an icon that will launch the program in the folder. Rename the shortcut to the version and move it to the desktop.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I moved this to the English language forum BERT, in was in the Italian forum?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Italian? WTF. Good man ,thanks for that.

Comment

Just like to thank you for "showing me the way" lol. version 9.0.7.0 is the only one I can tick on lightning shrink....71 and 72 won't let me do that.

Comment

Sure thing, I have four versions installed. Some better at a specific task than others. And I always install new releases that way until they prove out.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi 60312,As you said....there are probably other ways. I have found another and quicker way from what you have told me.Here it is...as you said , rename the version for example "C:\DVDFAB9070" to whatever version you download.NOW here is the trick......Tick "ON"...not off.. all those 2 boxes that create icons. And when finished the start up icon will be on your desktop.And because of that..there is no need to restart computer either...PS..High Five is needed here ,LOL
              Last edited by BERT; 10-24-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Ok but the last time I tried that I only had one desktop icon and it only started the last version I installed. My way I have an icon for each version.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have an icon on desktop for every version I was just testing .Have icon for 9.0.4.5 and 9.0.4.7 done with my last way,"renamed "the versions as you said.That's the trick,all working and all the others done with your way you told me.Never mind.Seems it works both ways for me.Not really important
                  Last edited by BERT; 10-24-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X