Bad meta-info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Bad meta-info

Here lately I have been seeing a lot of meta-info that don't match the DVD at all. Maybe with all these new people joining in they are a little confused as to what should be used for what. Is there some kind of a guide that has been created that they can look at.

I have been seeing a lot of mislabeled items. The most obvious being movie trailers labeled as interviews or other miscellaneous junk.

I'd hate to see this unique feature compromised by poor data. Is there any way that we can correct the bad meta-info other than just reporting it. I have a lot of time on my hands.

Yes, click the button to open the Edit Meta Info page, then click the Report button in the upper right. No other way to do it presently.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

One other thing, I noticed that the meta-titles haven't been updated in a long time. Example I'm still listed as a matter contributor even though I've uploaded over 257 titles. I think there several other people that way too. But think I read somewhere that you had set up for different titles depending on how many uploads you made.

Comment

You are correct and I apologize for the delay. Many of the high level contributors such as you that could have the special title either are not forum members or have different forum and Meta usernames and I can't find them (there is no common list). Anyone with this problem should contact me via PM.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Remove bad / unwanted meta info

Occasionally i am coming across a disk that somebody has been a little lazy in their meta data upload and called all the tracks exactly the same thing.

And I am not allowed to update the meta info because it is already uploaded.

Because the ripper displays the meta info in preference to the track list it makes it very difficult to tell one track from another.

Is there any way to either

a) Choose not to use an uploaded meta data on the ripper screen (case by case basis)
          or
          b) Choose to vote on the quality of the meta data currently uploaded for a particular disk

Comment

nazarine, I merged your thread here where the subject is already being discussed.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

You can do both a) and b). Click on the Meta Info button (upper right), then click on thumbs up or thumbs down or better, use the Report button. You can turn Meta Info off in Common Settings->Meta.

Originally posted by nazarine View Post
              Occasionally i am coming across a disk that somebody has been a little lazy in their meta data upload and called all the tracks exactly the same thing.

And I am not allowed to update the meta info because it is already uploaded.

Because the ripper displays the meta info in preference to the track list it makes it very difficult to tell one track from another.

Is there any way to either

a) Choose not to use an uploaded meta data on the ripper screen (case by case basis)
              or
              b) Choose to vote on the quality of the meta data currently uploaded for a particular disk

Comment

thanks - makes things easier - i saw the report button but i did not see the option to turn off the meta info - but now you have pointed me in the right direction i can carry on ripping my star trek next gen and hopefully report the duff meta info.

Comment

Originally posted by nazarine View Post
                  thanks - makes things easier - i saw the report button but i did not see the option to turn off the meta info - but now you have pointed me in the right direction i can carry on ripping my star trek next gen and hopefully report the duff meta info.
                  Being the contributor of all but 2 star trek next generation series blurays, I can tell that I've been very thorough in the data gathering for them. If you can't tell which track is what, then it points to some bug in the save/retrieval code of the metainfo system.

Anyway, I'm available to compare notes and help track down what happened.

Comment

Working...
                  X