Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bond 50 on a Dune Player - Full Disk Copy Blu ray ISO

Hi all, I am after some help...

I have the Bond 50 collection on Blu-ray (UK) and I am doing full disk copy to ISO.

Everything seems to copy fine, with no obvious errors, it's the playback that causes my issues.

These are being played back on DUNE players, and I think that's where the problem lies... but... the first 12 disks I done (using DVDfab for Mac), I had to fiddle with the Blu-ray protection settings, I think I had to untick BD+ or similar. These 12 work as expected, full menu's etc...

I have now decided to do the rest of the disks (am now using DVDFab for Windows). For the life of me I can't get the ISO's to play on the DUNE. they get as far as 'loading disk' then it's just a black screen. I have made a number of different copies, each time changing the protection settings, but I can't get it right...

Has anybody been through this pain and have the answer? I fully appreciate that this may not be a DVDfab issue, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

See attached log file.

This is for 'A view to a kill' and the Blu-ray protection settings were set back to default.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

I would check and make sure your dune player
        Has the latest firmware update.

Comment

The firmware is up to date, but Dune aren't that great at providing updates to older players ;-(

Comment

So, interesting update.... I have downloaded a product trial from another vendor, and used their default settings to make a full disk ISO, and it plays fine on the Dune. So it must be something in the protection settings on DVDFab that are causing my issue. I just wish I could remember the combination I used to copy the first 12 disks, as they all work as expected.

I only have 12 disks to do, so i'll get those done in my 21 day trail, but it would be good to know if anyone else has found the optimum settings to use, as I don't want to move away from DVDFab, I think its a great product.

Comment

Normally you don't need tweak any protection settings.

You can use DVDFab Media Player (http://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.htm) to confirm if the backup ISO can be played or not.

Also, I suggest you reset Settings, then make a Clone ISO instead of Full Disc to see the result.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

BTW, what's the model name for DUNE player?
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi Fengtao,

I am using the Dune Smart H1 players.

Chris
                  Last edited by cm1; 03-17-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                    Normally you don't need tweak any protection settings.

You can use DVDFab Media Player (http://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.htm) to confirm if the backup ISO can be played or not.

Also, I suggest you reset Settings, then make a Clone ISO instead of Full Disc to see the result.
                    Thanks, I will give that a try and post back results ;-)

Comment

I had a similar problem with iso created using FULL copy mode on DVDFab 10 for Mac. Some movies such as "Fantastic Beast" and "Live at Night" worked just fine for once, the first time, using full menu playing on Dune Smart D1. But any further restart of same movies, using FULL menu, would back out after the opening trailer.

The most interesting was that I got same problem using DBDFab for Mac ver 9.

Comment

The dunes are famous for this black screen. I have 3 smart B1 players and they have exhibited the same problems. I don't do full disc because of this. You can try and see if the dune memory has been corrupted. It's the usb stick that you insert to create the onboard memory. I had switched to using microSD cards instead and that seemed to help. Also try clearing the memory.

Comment

You can also try version 8 and version 9 of Fab both on Fabs front page older media player with older Fab version could work try both.

Comment

Working...
                          X