Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

player will not start playing

Hi,,
    I am still learning the ropes/how to use features after owning fab for several years.
    So asking for a little help, please..

I have player 3 pro. took a zip drive converted a bd to dvd saved on zip drive as a iso file. Player will not open and play file/movie on my second computer with much larger screen. After removing and re-installing program still no pick up of file from zip, but on the other hand vlc opened without any issues, playing flawless as I write this. What am I doing wrong??

manythanks

Try this open computer see the zip drive listed click open- see the movies on the zip drive-right click on the movie -click open with- click fab media player.

The easy way -open fab media player see if the zip drive is listed when you click on the pull down box if not their click on open files look for drive click on it.

If it don't work let me know i will try it latter.

Comment

I couldn't get a DVD made with fab then turned into ISO with Img burn to play with pro version of media player on computer or when transferred to USB stick to play back on computer and the OP has tried a blu ray to dvd conversion as a Iso to USB stick and he can't get it to play with Fabs pro media player and says VLC will play it .
      All other software players can play this same iso with virtual drive.
      All other Fab made iso's play fine just when img burn makes the iso from a fab made folder or the Op had trouble with a blu ray converted to a dvd as a iso and put on a UBS stick drive to be played back on computer.

All other files will play fine just Iso's won't play even with virtual drive.

Comment

yes I did as requested two times and fab will not pick it up to play it.
        thanks again

Comment

Turn off hardware acceleration, set to software only for ISO. Should play them fine.
          Attached Files
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

It plays regular iso's fine but not when a dvd full disk is made into a iso with img burn or the OP's problem is a blu ray converted to a dvd iso using Fab then loaded to a stick drive it won't play with pro version of media player.In both case's all other media players will play them except fabs pro media player.
            I tried all software no difference.

Comment

Mine plays them fine with DXVA disabled.

Might have a better playback experience with UDF set to 2.60 as well.
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried img burn with your settings still Fabs media player doesn't work everything else does.Will try making a different dvd to iso.

Comment

I guess I have no further input, if I set the player to software it plays all the above. If I set the player to DXVA it won't.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok I tried a different dvd to img burn to make a iso it worked and played with Fabs media player even with DXVA selected in the media player..I then put it on a stick drive and it played fine from their also with DXVA on.I did this to help the OP with his problem below as I don't have the blu ray to dvd modual.

Now to address the OP'S issue I need your help as I don't have the blu ray to dvd modual he converted a blu ray to dvd iso then put it on a stick drive it won't play with Fab media player but does with VLC.
                    Last edited by 3dman; 05-02-2017, 01:44 AM. Reason: Added the word dvd that was left out

Comment

Blu-Ray to DVD iso played fine from HDD but went ahead and moved it to a zip drive and works a treat!

Addendum: Updated my Nvidia driver to 381.89 and now they all play with DXVA enabled.
                      Last edited by 90312; 05-02-2017, 02:14 AM. Reason: New information

Albert Einstein

Comment

Fishinggonebad:Make the Iso to hard drive first see if it plays from it then send to stick drive and give it a try.

Also in Fab settings for media player under file associations make sure img files is in the list of files with check mark next to it for type of files media player plays.Also make sure your graphics card has the latest update.

Comment

Again thanks 3dman7 & 90312. Bad storms here had us without service. I am watching closely and trying to understand why on my end the problem .. not ruling out it is something I am doing or using ..\

again I am so appreciative of the help from you guys.. manythanks

Comment

3dman7

this computer was set up a couple yrs ago just for fab. ssd is full as well as second, so purchased backup pc. short future hopes are to upgrade hhd to larger and keep going with all the fun w fab etc. display is asus hd 7750 guessing couple yrs old. showed 5/15 of media. dumped program file and reloaded media again. had a little trouble with the it taking key and pro version, but thinking that is corrected now. still this system will not play either on hhd or removable drive.

So, I moved to my back up computer, yr or so old but fresh with nothing on it. display amp radeon r9 . newer display card then the other, guessing. anyway with a fresh download of media, zip drive with iso is playing like a champ. One of the key points that stood out when going back and re-reading what you were saying was you had/running nvidia cards.

So my next question is... display card related & in my best interest upgrading again to a newer card in the nvidia line?

Comment

In today's new Fab version is support for ADM cards read about it here download the new beta version.
                              AMD APP Acceleration can speed up the DVDFab performance exponentially with the decoding and encoding process.

I like the nvidia line and have the 1060gtx and very fast with blu ray and dvd's.
                              Glad you got the ISO'S to play from the zip drive.
                              Last edited by 3dman; 05-05-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X