Register For DVDFab Member >>

Go Back   DVDFab Forum > DVDFab (English) > NEW! DVDFab Movie Server

Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 AM

Default cp - I was temnpted but atm NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by martythebrit View Post
Please.. :-)

I second that as well as a decent x265 4K converting prformance with cuda, intel or amd supported !! - it conversion speed falls down to 2-3 fps the conversion of a 2 hour 4K movie can take up to 10 days - this is ridiculous to say the least ...

at the moment there is just one program that is able to handle HW enhanced 4K x265 conversions in a decent way with 40 to 50 fps so it is in realtime to ½ of realtime (movie length) - it is called A's Video Converter.

And ATTENTION: all other commercial Video Converters I tested are even worse - xilisoft, divx-pro, wondershare, any video converter, pavtube, vso, wonderfox - they all promise HW enhanced 4K and x.265 and they are the fastest on the market - BIG BULLSHIT - only a donationware proggie of a lone single programmer is working great (and the freeware proggie stax too but much slower) a.f.a.i.k. ….

btw - I was tempted to pre-order the dvd-fab media player - but as long as the software issues are not solved I will NOT - consider to legally download a 4K movie coded in x.264 - typically 70-100 GB in size - if the conversion of that title to x.265 takes like a few days - there is no fun involved at all….

cheers - ahab666
Old 05-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Administrator - 守夜人

ahab666,
Your comments are welcome, but please refrain from posting links to products that compete with DVDFab, who pays for this forum. It is disrespectful. I have removed the link from your post. You can always send it to a particular user via PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:45 PM

With a hard drive installed, i presume this shows up as a NAS on a local network to facilitate transferring files?
For example, can you rip from a pc directly to the hard drive in the device.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Administrator - 守夜人

A connected hard drive will show up in DVDFab as a selectable Target drive so that DVDFab's output will go to the Movie Server drive directly, which is much more convenient. I am not sure how the connected drive will appear to your OS, i.e. whether it will show as Network-attached or physically attached. Should not really matter as long as DVDFab can see and write to it.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Default Filters

Hi,

Just wondering if you can create your own filters, ex: 80s: All movies from that era can be simply be stored into that category!?

Thanks
Ish
Old 05-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Administrator - 守夜人

Not presently, sorry. Make it a Feature Request in a new thread.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:35 PM

Default Is it a server

Currently I am using a windows 10 PC with a software server product to share my stored movies across my network. Will my other network devices, such as xbox one, be able to see the DVDFAB Movie server or am I limited to only the TV it is physically attached to?
Thanks
Old 06-07-2017, 04:33 PM

Default Just a tiny observation

Hi,

I wanted to re-read the movie server specs, so I clicked on "Product" on top of the forum, and I was surprises that it wasn't listed among the list there!

No big deal. tho -- Just an observation!

Ish