Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This "movie server" purchase looks like a no brainer for $239. I'm looking to replace my last working Pivos Aios which has been a fantastic media player, but unfortunately is no longer manufactured and has not been supported by Pivos for quite some time.

Do we know with any certainty if this device will support a multiple-bay external hdd enclosure?...specifically, a Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 with 4 hdds (4TB each)
    Nothing fancy here...the configuration is JBOD and connects via usb 3.0/2.0.
    It also has an esata capability, but I never use it.

My Aois has no problem with the 16TB mediasonic, but I suspect the Aios is on borrowed time.
    Anyway, have any tests been done beyond the single 8TB hdd max?

My DVDs are pretty much all TS folders and I probably have about 20 TBs of blu-ray flicks...virtually all of which are .mkv
    Other media players have failed me in some regard. For eg., only detecting 8-12TBs of files at any one time or failing to play HD audio in an .mkv container.

I'll be sure to watch this thread for more info.
    The updates in this thread are particularly helpful since I'm also interested in any details re: playback folders.
    Thanks "pard"...your time and expertise are very much appreciated.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      This "movie server" purchase looks like a no brainer for $239. I'm looking to replace my last working Pivos Aios which has been a fantastic media player, but unfortunately is no longer manufactured and has not been supported by Pivos for quite some time.

Do we know with any certainty if this device will support a multiple-bay external hdd enclosure?...specifically, a Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 with 4 hdds (4TB each)
      Nothing fancy here...the configuration is JBOD and connects via usb 3.0/2.0.
      It also has an esata capability, but I never use it.

My Aois has no problem with the 16TB mediasonic, but I suspect the Aios is on borrowed time.
      Anyway, have any tests been done beyond the single 8TB hdd max?

My DVDs are pretty much all TS folders and I probably have about 20 TBs of blu-ray flicks...virtually all of which are .mkv
      Other media players have failed me in some regard. For eg., only detecting 8-12TBs of files at any one time or failing to play HD audio in an .mkv container.

I'll be sure to watch this thread for more info.
      The updates in this thread are particularly helpful since I'm also interested in any details re: playback folders.
      Thanks "pard"...your time and expertise are very much appreciated.
      More info here - http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-anno...-server-81878/

Comment

Hey mainman! My AIOS is still humming along too. I've been using Roku and plex server a lot lately saves walking time. Good to see you posting pal!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey 90312
          Yup, love my AIOS, but it's the last of 3 and has gotten tons of use. One died and my daughter has the other one.
          There's no chance of getting that one back!
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

cp - I was temnpted but atm NO

Quote:
            Originally Posted by martythebrit View Post
            Please.. :-)

I second that as well as a decent x265 4K converting prformance with cuda, intel or amd supported !! - it conversion speed falls down to 2-3 fps the conversion of a 2 hour 4K movie can take up to 10 days - this is ridiculous to say the least ...

at the moment there is just one program that is able to handle HW enhanced 4K x265 conversions in a decent way with 40 to 50 fps so it is in realtime to ½ of realtime (movie length) - it is called A's Video Converter.

And ATTENTION: all other commercial Video Converters I tested are even worse - xilisoft, divx-pro, wondershare, any video converter, pavtube, vso, wonderfox - they all promise HW enhanced 4K and x.265 and they are the fastest on the market - BIG BULLSHIT - only a donationware proggie of a lone single programmer is working great (and the freeware proggie stax too but much slower) a.f.a.i.k. ….

btw - I was tempted to pre-order the dvd-fab media player - but as long as the software issues are not solved I will NOT - consider to legally download a 4K movie coded in x.264 - typically 70-100 GB in size - if the conversion of that title to x.265 takes like a few days - there is no fun involved at all….

cheers - ahab666

Comment

ahab666,
              Your comments are welcome, but please refrain from posting links to products that compete with DVDFab, who pays for this forum. It is disrespectful. I have removed the link from your post. You can always send it to a particular user via PM.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

With a hard drive installed, i presume this shows up as a NAS on a local network to facilitate transferring files?
                For example, can you rip from a pc directly to the hard drive in the device.

Comment

A connected hard drive will show up in DVDFab as a selectable Target drive so that DVDFab's output will go to the Movie Server drive directly, which is much more convenient. I am not sure how the connected drive will appear to your OS, i.e. whether it will show as Network-attached or physically attached. Should not really matter as long as DVDFab can see and write to it.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Filters

Hi,

Just wondering if you can create your own filters, ex: 80s: All movies from that era can be simply be stored into that category!?

Thanks
                    Ish

Comment

Not presently, sorry. Make it a Feature Request in a new thread.

Comment

Is it a server

Currently I am using a windows 10 PC with a software server product to share my stored movies across my network. Will my other network devices, such as xbox one, be able to see the DVDFAB Movie server or am I limited to only the TV it is physically attached to?
                        Thanks

Comment

Just a tiny observation

Hi,

I wanted to re-read the movie server specs, so I clicked on "Product" on top of the forum, and I was surprises that it wasn't listed among the list there!

No big deal. tho -- Just an observation!

Ish

Comment

10TB internal HDD

I would like to use a 10TB HDD. (WD100EFAX)
                            Is it available ?

Comment

It currently shows 8TB as the largest supported, not sure if this is a hardware or firmware limitation. It does not ship with any HDD installed.

Comment

Can I play MP4 videos

I have created a lot of MP4 videos. Can I copying them to the media server to play them?

Comment

Working...
                                X