Geolocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geolocking

Here in Australia we've recently had an expansion of mass surveillance laws which would put Snowden's revelations to shame.

I've been using a VPN for years. But just lately a mass of sites have become inaccessible when connected to the VPN.

DVDFab is one of them.

My VPN provider says the website is geolocking, but I would think a site with a global audience would not want to engage in that sort of behavior.

Is it right for me to believe that DVDFab is not geolocking?

Try a different VPN provider or try using
    Google dns or open dns.

Comment

Many VPNs servers have their IPs blacklisted due to heavy use by spammers. Suggest a different VPN, one that has enough servers in a given location that you can find one that is not blocked. Try this one, it is what I use: https://www.hidemyass.com/
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OMG! I totally forgot about this post

I would never use Google DNS.. least trustworthy of them all.
        Already using OpenDNS

My choice of VPN provider is determined by my income (Or rather; lack thereof). Where I am the cost is bout 1.4 times the US price.

@signals: Thanks for the link. I use hidemyass for my private email account, but not for my VPN. They are about double the price of my existing provider, but I'll check them out.

I'm actually seeing local news sites now actively refusing access to any VPN user, regardless of who their provider is.

@3dman7: Sorry, I cannot access the link you provided.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Yanta View Post
          OMG! I totally forgot about this post

I would never use Google DNS.. least trustworthy of them all.
          Already using OpenDNS

My choice of VPN provider is determined by my income (Or rather; lack thereof). Where I am the cost is bout 1.4 times the US price.

@signals: Thanks for the link. I use hidemyass for my private email account, but not for my VPN. They are about double the price of my existing provider, but I'll check them out.

I'm actually seeing local news sites now actively refusing access to any VPN user, regardless of who their provider is.

@3dman7: Sorry, I cannot access the link you provided.

Thanks for the clarification.
          Opera web browser has a free vpn you can try.

Comment

Hi Yanta, sorry to report that AVG now owns HMA and has closed the anonymous email service and several other features. Many of the servers are no longer selectable in the client and may have been shut down. Bottom line is poor service, so I must withdraw my recommendation to try them and find someone else myself.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X