Fab media play using High CPU when idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab media play using High CPU when idle

I made a discovery slowing computer.I saw a slow down of Fab FPS in converting from it's normally fast FPS with Cuda so I checked resource monitor in windows right click windows symbol on the bottom left corner then computer management then click performance then click open resource monitor in windows 10 to get their.

Under overview you can see your CPU'S total usage on top should be between 1-3% total usage with back round programs running only.

My total was 43% with nothing running on the computer but background programs so I looked at the running programs in the list of programs and see 3 of the same file (fab mediaplayer3) running and using different amounts of CPU percentages added together using 42 percent of my CPU's total power.

Fab media player was not running,playing a movie or even open or used today at all.I find this is what's slowing my computer down so I clicked on the 3 files in the list of running programs and clicked end process.This returned my total CPU percent used to 1-2% normal for running back round programs.

Now I tested Fab convertor and my FPS count with Cuda went from around 60-80 FPS to 118 FPS much better and the total Fab conversion went from 32 mins to 22 mins a big difference.I also ran a movie in Fab media player and only 1-2% CPU total shows playing a blu ray in it while monitoring resource monitor.

So I don't know what caused this but pinned resource monitor to my task bar to easily put it on screen again to monitor whats happening if I get another slow down.Some others reported a FPS slowdown in Fab so check for this if you have Fabs media player.

Anyone at Fab know why this happened or why Fabs media player uses CPU without it open or running or even being used then work so far normally after ending the process in resource manager ???
    Last edited by 3dman; 06-19-2017, 10:05 PM.

Hi,

I think that it should be caused by that FabPlayer does not quit normally sometimes and leave the process running when close it.

Please let me know if you have the problem again. Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X