Error Reading Discs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v9.0.5.5 Error Reading Discs?

I just got a new copy of The Incredibes and I'm happy to report that it copied and ripped without any problem. So I guess I can close this out, there must have just been a bad batch of Scent Of A Woman and Incredibles discs.

Comment

It does happen occasionally, glad you got it sorted.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Same here, glad your burning again.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
          Are you using the latest version of Fab version 9.0.9.5 if not please download it and try again.Read errors are caused by dirty or scratched disks most of the time so if their are deep scratches you won't be able to copy them even if they play well.
          Can anybody explain why this is? I wasn't able to copy a heavily scratched DVD that played in my home player with just an occasional glitch.

Why is it that players can play through scratches most of the time but the copy process cannot? It's like it's too finicky and won't simply chill out and do the best it can. I don't need a bit-for-bit flawless copy, I just need to be able to watch the movie.

Comment

Transcoders like DVDFab are not as forgiving as a player. Just because a DVD will play doesn't mean it will copy, apples and oranges, two completely different processes.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X