Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LooneyTunes Platinum Blu-ray always getting Director's Commentary tracks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) LooneyTunes Platinum Blu-ray always getting Director's Commentary tracks...

The Looney Tunes Platinum collection Volume 1 Disc 1 has a 2:47 main track with all of the cartoons in one long stream. If I preview it, I get the correct audio track (out of the three English available). However, whenever I rip it to an h265 mkv file on my drive, I get the Director's commentary track.

I saw that the old DVD version of this had a similar issue and that the solution was to turn on PathPlayer - but that is already set to "Always enabled" and this isn't a DVD, it's a Blu-ray, so shouldn't really apply anyway, right?

Help please. What do i need to do to get the plain main soundtrack without any extra commentary?

Thank you!

When you select the source open the audio drop down menu and uncheck everything except the track you want, especially this one (see attached):
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

This disk has only three options. The all read "English AC-3/1". I have unchecked all but one, and have tried all three choices after the other. Every time, I get the same result. So the software is clearly not honoring the choice I make somehow.

Attached Files

Comment

What is your play device? And can you copy all audio streams and cycle thru them?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I am using Plex on Xbox One. Eventually I'll be using Kodi on a dedicated player box.

However, i want a fix, not a workaround. Why can't I get it to pick the right audio track?

Thanks!

Comment

I tried ripping all three audio tracks at once. I then played the file with Plex and selected each of the three reported available soundtracks. EVERY ONE turned out to be the Director's Commentary!

WHAT THE HECK!?!?

THanks for ANY help!

Comment

Hi,

Would you please to playback the disc on a Blu-ray player and confirm that which audio is the real main audio track first?

Most of discs, the first audio will be the main audio track.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

All these sets of the WB cartoons will have several titles with unique audio tracks, one set has one title with no original English dialog track at all. If all of them you process have this audio irregularity it is a different problem, but I can't duplicate it in Ripper. For me it plays the audio selected with the default arrow.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My log files

Logs attached. Thanks for your help
                  Attached Files

Comment

Summary - I'm able to play it normally on my standard blu-ray player. However, every one of these disks refuses to rip with the proper audio track when I try to rip to an MKV h.265 file on my hard drive. Somehow, it always picks the "director's commentary" audio track. I've tried selecting each track by itself individually, with no change. I've also tried ripping the whole movie with all audio tracks to the hard drive, then using converter to pull out just the one, but still with the same result. I just can't seem to get any audio except for the director's track. This is the only disk set this happens on. I've ripped dozens of movies and TV shows successfully before this.

Comment

It is very odd, I am trying to locate the discs on Blu-ray for testing.

It appears to be Volume 1 of this series, is this correct?
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, volume 1. Every disk shows the same issue. I get the director's commentary track no matter which audio track I select.

Comment

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume One. It's a 3 disc set.

Thank you again for any help.

Comment

We have the discs now for all 3 volumes and are testing it to reproduce and identify the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              We have the discs now for all 3 volumes and are testing it to reproduce and identify the problem.
                              Woohoo! Please let me know if I can provide any additional information! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X