Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

troy, copied like you said with imgburn only and everything was fine. ran into something weird tonight. Went to make a back up of Battle for Terra for my daughter and this is what the log did, burned ok but scratch my head PP was disabled when I have it to always be enabled! Lock volume YES but still received the fails. Made back up ok but not sure why PP disabled or why volume lok yes but them gives error????

sI 18:14:25 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
    I 18:14:25 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    I 18:14:25 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,956 KB - Available: 1,437,252 KB
    I 18:14:26 Initialising SPTI...
    I 18:14:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 18:14:26 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
    I 18:14:26 Operation Started!
    I 18:14:26 Building Image Tree...
    I 18:14:26 Checking Directory Depth...
    I 18:14:26 Calculating Totals...
    I 18:14:26 Preparing Image...
    I 18:14:26 Checking Path Length...
    I 18:14:26 Contents: 34 Files, 2 Folders
    I 18:14:27 Content Type: DVD Video
    I 18:14:27 Data Type: MODE1/2048
    I 18:14:27 File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
    I 18:14:27 Volume Label: BATTLE_FOR_TERRA
    I 18:14:27 IFO/BUP 32K Padding: Enabled
    I 18:14:27 Region Code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    I 18:14:27 TV System: NTSC
    I 18:14:27 Size: 4,508,991,488 bytes
    I 18:14:27 Sectors: 2,201,656
    I 18:14:27 Image Size: 4,509,728,768 bytes
    I 18:14:27 Image Sectors: 2,202,016
    I 18:14:27 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:00
    I 18:14:27 Operation Started!
    I 18:14:27 Source File: -==/\/[BUILD IMAGE]\/\==-
    I 18:14:27 Source File Sectors: 2,202,016 (MODE1/2048)
    I 18:14:27 Source File Size: 4,509,728,768 bytes
    I 18:14:27 Source File Volume Identifier: BATTLE_FOR_TERRA
    I 18:14:27 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.5.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
    I 18:14:27 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn
    I 18:14:27 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
    I 18:14:27 Destination Device: [5:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P GL0B (D (ATA)
    I 18:14:27 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)
    I 18:14:27 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888
    I 18:14:27 Write Mode: DVD
    I 18:14:27 Write Type: DAO
    I 18:14:27 Write Speed: 6x
    I 18:14:27 Link Size: Auto
    I 18:14:27 Lock Volume: Yes
    I 18:14:27 Test Mode: No
    I 18:14:27 OPC: No
    I 18:14:27 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    W 18:14:32 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
    W 18:14:32 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
    I 18:14:32 Advanced Settings - Force HT: No, Online HT: No, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes
    I 18:14:32 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)
    I 18:14:33 Writing LeadIn...
    I 18:15:17 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 2202015)
    I 18:15:17 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 2202015)
    Chris

Comment

lock volume yes is showing the option is enabled

the above log was from imgburn stand alone? without dvdfab?

if so there is something accessing your drive. could be Nero incd? please check using process explorer as explained in my last post.

Comment

no, this was with DVD Fab. back up was ok but did not understand the log????
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
          lock volume yes is showing the option is enabled

the above log was from imgburn stand alone? without dvdfab?

if so there is something accessing your drive. could be Nero incd? please check using process explorer as explained in my last post.
          id so as per your last post and burned ok. not sure what is up????
          Chris

Comment

well if you are sure that your burns are ok, then there maybe nothing to worry about. however i am sure ImgBurn should not give you the error anymore.

please download process explorer.
            Find out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more.

using process explorer, with cd/dvd device applications closed. please search for the word 'cdrom'. if nothing is accessing your drive then process explorer will find no results.

Comment

tks Troy! i guess it must just be a hick-up. Makes back up with no problem. Process explorer is very simillar to task manager, or is it just me?
              Chris

Comment

Configuration Assistance Please

Since you all have been kind enough to post information and provide feedback, I was hoping you'd be kind enough to help me out with a little something. I have always used VSO in the past but on the advise of many that I respect, I am trying to use ImgBurn instead. However, there are a few quirks with it that bother me and I was hoping you can help me iron them out properly.

When DVDFab starts the ImgBurn program, it does some processing and pops up this message box:

I really don't want to see this and would rather the program skipped showing me this and moved on to burning it, is it possible and if so what can I do to make it happen? I have checked the settings but don't see anything that obviously points to this option.

Also, when the burning process begins, I currently have these options selected:

I was hoping you could point me to the option that would have "Verify" checked as well, that's the only thing missing that I would like to add, the rest is fine. I have checked the settings and it is set to verify but somehow being launched by DVDFab won't assert that, so I am assuming its set elsewhere, if you can point me to it, I would be grateful.

Thank you all in advance.
                Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

to turn on the verify function open ImgBurn/tools/settings/write page one the left column almost in the middle you should see "verify against img file" I've never seen that pop up before so I'll leave that to more experienced users, hope that helps my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                    to turn on the verify function open ImgBurn/tools/settings/write page one the left column almost in the middle you should see "verify against img file" I've never seen that pop up before so I'll leave that to more experienced users, hope that helps my friend
                    Thanks for the info my friend but its odd, I already have that checked, so... not sure why its not coming up checked then? hmm...anyone can help me figure out why its different than what W&B is suggesting? Maybe related to the other popup somehow? Not sure but thank you for the help though, I appreciate it.

Comment

I never verify so wasn't sure, I bet that is for when you burn using ImgBurn as a stand alone when burning an iso file. sorry that wasn't it.

Comment

I never verify so wasn't sure, I bet that is for when you burn using ImgBurn as a stand alone when burning an iso file. sorry that wasn't it.
                        Its ok, grateful for the assist.

Comment

Did you try selecting the verify function within Fab? again not sure but maybe it sends the info to ImgBurn ? when troy512 gets a chance I'm sure he will reply to enlighten both of us lol

Comment

Did you try selecting the verify function within Fab? again not sure but maybe it sends the info to ImgBurn ? when troy512 gets a chance I'm sure he will reply to enlighten both of us lol
                            You are awesome my friend. That was it. I checked the verify in DVDFab and it transferred over to it, so it IS sending it dynamically and not relying on ImgBurn's own settings. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I checked "do not eject" which is something I normally have unchecked and sure enough it unchecked the "eject" checkbox on ImgBurn, so it IS indeed sending it and you called it. Thank you very much.

Now i just need to figure out how to get that popup at the beginning to go away and we are golden. Thanks again.

Comment

Well glad it worked for you, check this link and in post #10 is my settings for ImgBurn. I never get any popups. its been so long I just don't recognize the one in your post. I tried to make the txt file as easy to follow as I could because i went thru ALL settings lol so maybe that might help. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=348

Comment

Well glad it worked for you, check this link and in post #10 is my settings for ImgBurn. I never get any popups. its been so long I just don't recognize the one in your post. I tried to make the txt file as easy to follow as I could because i went thru ALL settings lol so maybe that might help. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=348
                                Your help is appreciated, I learned something new, it does pass settings on the fly, so that is good to know. I will also check the post for your settings and compare to mine and see if I can hit something that resolves that. If I find something, I will post back if not then I hope someone who knows what is causing it will step in and offer some assistance. Thanks buddy and have a good night.

Comment

Working...
                                X