MKV Green Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV Green Subtitles

Anyone seeing green-colored subtitles in the MKV output file when selecting 'Remux to VobSub' when the source is colored white?
    Ripping to MKV selecting 'Remux to PGS' is the same as source (good).
    Ripping to MP4 with Remux is the same as source (good).
    I am using version 10.0.4.0. This never happened in pre-10.x versions.
    Enabling or disabling Lightning-Shrink gives the same results.
    I already tried several BDs and see the same results.
    Can we get this fixed in the next update? Thanks.

If you can locate the DVDFab internal log session from one of the green ones, please attach it to a post. I have never experienced what you describe but I generally use Direct Render for translation subs and don't ever put the full dialog subs in.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Attached is the log file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try it from the store brought disk.

Comment

From disc directly.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, that's a new one on me. Will pass along to the devs. What are you using to play this back?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tested the same file on MPC-HC, VLC, and DVDFab Media Player 3.
              All players showing the green subtitles.

Comment

Hi ltrain
                It is a known issue for your settings. They are already working on it.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi, any news about this problem, I still have green sub with Blu Ray Rip only, no problem with DVD Rip.

Franck

Comment

Nothing at the moment, sorry.

Comment

FWIW, I already had this problem years ago. Tried now and still have this problem.
                        I hate to say but there are several problems with DVDFab which make it almost impossible to properly rip my DVDs.
                        1. Disney DVDs always have hickups when ripping to most formats. It was a problem a couple years ago, and it is still a problem today (and the hickups are always at the same spots - so it's related to Disney's copy protection. There is however a workaround (which then makes it weird that direct rip to MP4 has the problem). I can first rip to MKV Passthrough, and then convert that with DVDFab Convertor to the MP4, and the hickups are gone.
                        2. But then comes the next problem: I can hardly get the subs right. Am now trying with The LEGO Movie with forced Dutch subs. The MKV is fine (both with Remux and IDX/SUB). When converting the MKV with Remuxed Subs, with subs rendered to video, the subs occur at the wrong times (one sub stayed there throughout an entire chapter). When converting with subs remuxed, I get the green subs as mentioned in this thread. Converting from the MKV with IDX/SUB is even no option at all as I can't even select these subs and would have an MP4 without subs.

Comment

This won't help with this problem .
                          I used to sometimes get green subs when working with a DVD rip.
                          Editing after the rip was the "cause".
                          Somewhere the color code for the subtitles in the .IFO file would change .
                          I used an old software called IFOEdit to correct this by changing the subtitles back to the original color with it.

I suspect it is something similar happening in the .MKV &/or .MP4 files.
                          It is a color change in the code that is telling the subtitles to be green.
                          The developers of DVDFab need to figure out why this happens.
                          Then correct so DVD Ripper & DVDFab Converter have code that keeps the subtitles the original color .
                          Maybe even allow a color selection or even other options like transparency.

Comment

Working...
                          X