DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD

Does DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD work with DVD Fab Passkey 9?

If not, when will you be making that possible
    'Round, 'round, get around... I'm getting dizzy

Why not?

In fact, when you use DVDFab, you don't need Passkey, since decryption feature is included in DVDFab already.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

i am not staff. but if i had to guess by his reply i say no not going happen. which really brings up a question why is there even a passkey. in away it's a lite weight ripper . but it seem like it will never ever work with CinaviaRemoval HD or anything like it. i have my thoughts on that but i keep them to me . i am just finding that i may have wasted my money on passkey for that fact it seem it never work with CinaviaRemoval HD . i guess for it to do that they would have to add CinaviaRemoval HD to passkey and i don't honestly see that, i maybe wrong .

Comment

Passkey has one big advantage in that it allows you to watch movies on your PC without protection or region code. Not everyone is interested in making copies of there discs. And if you buy many discs outside your region, the ability to strip the region code is a major plus when watching on the PC.

Comment

It is the 'nature of the beast' type of problem. Cinavia Removal HD is not designed to work with an on-the-fly decrypter such as Passkey.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals. It would save a lot of wasted time searching for an answer if you just put a little statement such as "Not for use with Passkey" on your Cinavia Removal HD web page.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
              Why not? In fact, when you use DVDFab, you don't need Passkey, since decryption feature is included in DVDFab already.
              Sorry fengtao, I don't understand your "Why not?" reply.

1. If I "Copy Full Disc" in DVDFab 10 to an iso file without shrinking it's size, is that different to "Rip to Image" in Passkey?

2. Are all files in a DVDFab 10 "Copy Full Disc" processed to remove cinavia?

Comment

Sorry for confuse.

What I mean is DVDFab is enough for everything. Passkey's big advantage is the on-the-fly protecion removal, which can help player and other copy software.
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                  What I mean is DVDFab is enough for everything.
                  Well, it would be if I had a "full" license. I supported you early on and bought a Platinum subscription but now it seems all I have lifetime access to is the DVD decryptor part that anyone can use for free. No ripping, no converting, no BD anything and no cinavia removal I bought Passkey to get BD access and I still have no access to most functions. I now know that Passkey does not work with DVDFab decryptor or Cinavia removal. And there's no upgrade possible to my "lifetime" Platinum key to get all functions working - I have to buy the whole thing again from scratch!

Comment

I'm glad Passkey exists as a separate product. My own activities don't include ripping - it's just not something I do - so I rely on Passkey to make my PC multi-region for playback.

Unfortunately, Passkey triggers Cinavia, so fengtao is not quite correct in saying it blocks protection, and that's all you need to do. But one thing I really appreciate about Passkey - and the reason I don't also need Cinavia Removal HD - is its ability to change the region setting in PowerDVD without triggering the limit on the number of changes that can be made; change the region in PowerDVD to the region of the disc, and then shut Passkey off, and it doesn't matter if Conavia is there or not, because it doesn't kick in. Not perfect, because with Passkey disabled you lose protection against all the other BDJava-driven stuff, but it works.
                    A' GhĂ idhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Comment

bambee

If you purchased DVDFab Platinum, you should also have a lifetime license for the Ripper module. If not, send me a PM with your registered email (the one you used for the purchase or that you use for logging in at the Member Center). What Features you may be eligible to use will depend on when the purchase was made, which I will ask someone on the staff in Beijing to check. You should be able to add any modules you need to your Platinum license.

As noted earlier, Passkey is not suitable for use with the Cinavia Removal HD tool, the "Rip to..." function does not even read a disc the same way that DVDFab Copy/Ripper does. For this reason Full Disc output and any Passkey output are different.

As to your other question, all audio tracks on a disc title are scanned but the only ones repaired are the ones for which repair data exists, which is indicated during the Copy process in DVDFab.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        If you purchased DVDFab Platinum, you should also have a lifetime license for the Ripper module.
                        Yes, my apologies, I do have a lifetime license for the Ripper module. I was confusing it with the Video Converter module.

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        You should be able to add any modules you need to your Platinum license.
                        I guess all I need are the Blu-ray Copy and Cinavia Removal HD modules?

I've just been re-reading the Cinavia Removal HD information and it seems to be focused only on Blu-ray. What about DVDs with Cinavia?

Comment

Originally posted by MacEachaidh View Post
                          ..change the region in PowerDVD to the region of the disc, and then shut Passkey off, and it doesn't matter if Cinavia is there or not, because it doesn't kick in. Not perfect, because with Passkey disabled you lose protection against all the other BDJava-driven stuff, but it works.
                          I don't use PowerDVD, but that is interesting.

Comment

It works for other players as well, there is a list inside Passkey.

CinaviaRemoval HD does not currently support repairing infected DVDs, this ability will be added in the future. Only Blu-ray for now.

Comment

Working...
                            X