This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Cuda on 2 Pass High Quality Rip

Just wondering why I can't use Cuda on 2 Pass ripping with my Windows 10 pc with an Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb video card?

As soon as I choose 2 Pass High Quality under H265 MKV Default Profile, DVDFab tells me it will use Software Only.
    It will use Cuda if I choose 1 Pass but I prefer the quality that 2 Pass gives me.

My GPU's Cuda Cap number is 6.1 which is above the 5.0 required for H265.

Though I don't see the GTX 1060 listed in the first post.
    Is this card not supported yet?
    Or am I missing some setting?

Comment

FQs19,
      Your 1060 should be fully supported with the correct driver. You need to supply the DVDFab internal log session and the FabCheck log so we can see what is going on here. Please isolate these sessions and attach them to a post. Instructions linked in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Update: 2-pass is not supported for encoding h264 or 265 with CUDA.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          FQs19,
          Your 1060 should be fully supported with the correct driver. You need to supply the DVDFab internal log session and the FabCheck log so we can see what is going on here. Please isolate these sessions and attach them to a post. Instructions linked in my sig, below.
          Update: 2-pass is not supported for encoding h264 or 265 with CUDA.
          Strange since 3dman7 says earlier that he was able to get 2 Pass Cuda working but with a bug or maybe he meant that a bug allowed him to do a 2 Pass Cuda.

Either way, do you know if DVDFab will ever support 2 Pass Cuda ripping?

Comment

My information comes direct from Beijing as of today. The future of this is not currently known, they may be waiting for a driver or SDK update from nvidia. I personally don't use 2-pass any longer.

Comment

My information comes direct from Beijing as of today. The future of this is not currently known, they may be waiting for a driver or SDK update from nvidia. I personally don't use 2-pass any longer.
              Thanks for the information.

Comment

The bug and the log files show it also.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 3dman; 06-17-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Looks more like the CPU is doing all the work, not the GPU. FQs19, follow the advice you choose. This has gone on long enough.

Comment

Sorry, the Thread is Closed

But is there a current list of graphics cards that support H265 MKV...
                    has improved a bit in the situation of Win10 and graphics cards
                    Last edited by D300; 01-30-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X