Passkey 9 fails to structure DVD for cloneDVD2 backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey 9 fails to structure DVD for cloneDVD2 backup

So I just bought a lifetime subscription for Passkey. I did this because Slysoft went away along with my lifetime subscription to AnyDVD, and I didn't want to pay Redfox for yet another lifetime subscription. I DO still use cloneDVD2, though, as I'm used to its interface and it's never failed me. Version I have is 2.9.3.3.

I successfully backed up my first movie using Passkey, so was happy. Then I tried it with Moonlight, and it doesn't seem to resolve the DVD structure correctly. The DVD appears to have 4 titles that are all the main movie.

What cloneDVD2 does is choke, repeatedly displaying "Trying to Repair Defective DVD Structure."

PowerDVD plays the movie OK, but also plays it without running Passkey.

AND, if I use AnyDVD's trial version instead of Passkey, the DVD backs up just fine with cloneDVD2. (I believe it even works with last Slysoft version, but I can't attest to it as I didn't play the copy.)

Suggestions? Am I going to have to go back to AnyDVD?
    Thanks,
    BohicaIL
    Last edited by bohicaIL; 03-09-2017, 05:05 PM.

This was not correct: (I believe it even works with last Slysoft version, but I can't attest to it as I didn't play the copy.)

cloneDVD2 encountered read errors when I tried to back up. The NEWER version of ANYDVD (Redfox trial) DID work, though.

Comment

If you are using 9.1.0.9 you are a couple versions behind, update to 9.1.1.1 and give it a try.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I just tried 9.1.1.1, and still didn't work correctly with cloneDVD2.

Comment

Originally posted by bohicaIL View Post
          I just tried 9.1.1.1, and still didn't work correctly with cloneDVD2.
          I don't know what disc you are working with but...
          I use passkey and the old version of dvdfab 8.085
          and haven't run into any problems yet

Comment

This has been brought up before, even a few years back. There is a problem with Passkey. If I remember correctly it works if you select main movie only. The best thing, if you dont want to go back to ANYDVD, which I dont blame you, as I also was one of those that lost a lifetime license would be to contact the company and see if they would refund your purchase and then purchase DVDFAB COPY DVD. Lifetime license is still cheaper than AnyDVDHD and I have had no problems so far backing up any DVDs. Just a suggestion if all you are interested in is backing up your DVDs.

Comment

Thanks, NOKNOT... I did what you suggested.

Comment

Ok Listen guys, I had sucessfully working 100% with DVDFab Passkey For DVD with Elby CloneDVD2 (used to partner with SlySoft, and now RedFox) However How it works correctly?

MAKE SURE you uninstall RedFOX ANYDVD off your computer and reboot it, then Install DVDFab PassKey for DVD or Blu-Ray nor both depend on your License Key.

Then Open your PassKey application setting: In General area, MAKE SURE is enabled I/O Mode (Normal) IT A MUST!

Go to DVD section and Un-Branch it.. Now in DVD area part, Make sure all check marked. then go PathPlayer click Always enable PathPlayer then rest of need check mark it.. HD DVD sections, all check mark, then go to Exclusion, add application where CloneDVD, then uncheck mark that. then click OK. Now you done first part.

For Elby CloneDVD2 (2.9.3.3) Lastest version *IMPORTANT*
                Under Preferences tab upper right corner. make sure "Reading" section is un-checked, PreMastering must check mark on "Enable auto-selection for removed streams." and rest all are unchecked. That it, Now here most important when you are ready to rip DVD. Click "Copy DVD Titles, then assign the drive x:/VIDEO_TS << -- you must go that folder, do not go to the Root folder of the dvd movie. Won't work sometime.. then do rest part you want make simple keep audio channel tracks, Subtitles (if has it.). then you good to go. I tested over 100's of dvd including new release of HACKSAW Ridge DVD and works CHARMING!

IMPORTANT is make sure your DVD/Blu-ray has the updated firmware. I use ASUS DVD reader and 1 Plextor Blu-ray/DVD writer and 1 LG DVD burner writer. Never had one trouble at all..

AnthonyG

Comment

Not tried what you suggested but why choose Copy DVD Titles if you are wanting to clone the DVD with the menus? Does your way preserve the menus?

Comment

You can use preserve menu if you want enable it, Really waste of lack need menu, but all up to you.. It still workable anyway.. Those what I show is the setting to functions to allow rip it correctly.. I tried Clone DVD to DVD and still works..

AnthonyG

Comment

Originally posted by NOKNOT View Post
                      This has been brought up before, even a few years back. There is a problem with Passkey. If I remember correctly it works if you select main movie only. The best thing, if you dont want to go back to ANYDVD, which I dont blame you, as I also was one of those that lost a lifetime license would be to contact the company and see if they would refund your purchase and then purchase DVDFAB COPY DVD. Lifetime license is still cheaper than AnyDVDHD and I have had no problems so far backing up any DVDs. Just a suggestion if all you are interested in is backing up your DVDs.
                      I bought passkey but I don't have the option to select main movie only, it only has the option to rip to hdd (full disc) only. This isn't the first time I seen someone say it can do main movie only (mine won't). I have to do full then use dvdfab to do the main movie only. I have to be reading this post wrong or something, because passkey is VERY basic in its capabilities. If I'm wrong can someone tell me how to get passkey to do multiple functions

Comment

You can rip to hard disk as a folder or rip to hard disk as a iso just after loading a movie in it right click on the tray logo for passkey and select rip to hard disk for a folder.
                        Last edited by 3dman; 03-23-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by egghead View Post
                          I bought passkey but I don't have the option to select main movie only, it only has the option to rip to hdd (full disc) only. This isn't the first time I seen someone say it can do main movie only (mine won't). I have to do full then use dvdfab to do the main movie only. I have to be reading this post wrong or something, because passkey is VERY basic in its capabilities. If I'm wrong can someone tell me how to get passkey to do multiple functions

I was talking about the feature in CloneDVD2. All Passkey will do is break copy protection and rip to hard drive. Then you will need another program to take those files and burn a DVD if thats what you want to do.

Comment

Once copy protection is broken any burner program will work Img burn,even windows burner.You can burn a folder or a iso full disk from the hard drive once you use passkey to put the folder or iso on the drive.What you can't do is compress the disk to dvd 5 if the disk is 2 layer dvd 9 then you need Fab to shrink it.Also region code is defeated so any player can play the movie these are the main features of Passkey.here's the tutor for passkey
                            https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-for-blu-ray.htm​​
                            Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-09-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X