Bluray Drive Won't Read Some Disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray Drive Won't Read Some Disks?

I have a computer with an LG bluray drive (model number WH14NS40), and it's been working great for the past 2 years. In the past couple of weeks though, it hasn't been able to read a couple disks. Both are brand new, never been played at all. They are Star Trek Beyond and Game of Thrones season 6, disk 4. It still reads any other disk I try, just not those 2. Is there something about those 2 that would prevent it from reading, or is my drive dying?

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.
    Also check for a firmware update for your computer's bluray drive.

Comment

There aren't any internal logs because the drive / computer itself doesn't recognize that there's a disk in it. I did update the firmware to the newest version, but still have the same issue.

Comment

The disks may be defective....

Comment

I'll admit the possibility that both disks are defective, but they're brand new out of the box. I'll try them in a bluray player to see, but I'd bet they're fine.

Comment

Try starting dvdfab first then put the disc in the drive and
            See if dvdfab will read the discs. If not , Uninstall the drive
            Restart your computer and let windows reinstall the drive.
            And are these dvd or bluray disc's ??

Comment

Here are the Microsoft solutions for drives not seen by windows.
              This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

Comment

And check other discs in the drive that you know worked. It's not unheard of that the laser diode blinks out.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

They're all bluray disks. I haven't bought a DVD in a decade.

I tried the two affected disks in bluray players, and they worked. I also just tried Huntsman: Winter's War, and Ghostbusters (the new one), and they both work too. I'll try uninstalling the drive and rebooting, and see if that helps.

Comment

I figured I'd give an update... I just tried the Game of Thrones disk again, and it worked. I wasn't even home today, so I didn't even reboot. I have no explanation, but maybe my drive is dying and it just decided to work tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X