Successful copy gave I/O errors on Blu-Ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful copy gave I/O errors on Blu-Ray player

Tried out 10.0.2.0 copying Hell On Wheels Season 5 Vol 2 Disk 1 from disk to LG Blu-Ray burner WH10LS30. DVDFab burned disk and gave msg "Process completed successfully."

However, disk was not entirely readable. Some episodes were OK, but episode 2 repeatedly failed on Dune BD Prime 3.0 player with I/O errors, locking up the player.

I copied again using DVDFab 9.3.2.1, and the copied disk was readable on all disk episodes and menu with no problems.

Logs for both copies are attached.
    Attached Files

You might want check to see if you have the latest firmware update for
    Your LG bluray burner to be on the safe side.

Comment

Yeah, this is likely a bug and Fab has had this problem for a while.

Sometimes a rip even completely fails due to io errors and it claims that the task was successful while you have an incomplete file that's missing half the content.

I end up reading the log every time to make sure things went ok. I scan the log for the word "error".

Devs, can you fix this or add an option so that the task will fail if errors are happening?

Comment

Just TRIED to watch a couple of episodes on one of the burned disks which appeared to be created successfully with DVDFAB 9.3.2.1.

Video plays, but the audio drops out for seconds to minutes at a time, relegating these (expensive) BluRay disks to coasters.

I was thinking of purchasing the Cinavia option, but after these problems and others which the DVDFAB developers are NOT RESPONDING TO, I think I may be done with this increasingly UNSUPPORTED product.

Comment

Your LG drive is using firmware from 2010 your 2 updates behind.Update here

Don't do anything else when flashing new firmware on the computer and don't loose electric, complete once started don't stop process till done or you can render the drive useless.This is simple to do but warnings are warranted for those that never done it before.
          This may or may not help for this problem but updating old firmware on a drive is something that should be done anyway for bug fixes and ability to burn different types or brands of new disks to give you a example on what updates can do for you.

You may want to try the img burn burner at half the rated disk speed a lot of problems come from burning to fast and using cheap brands of blank disks.New firmware often has updated brands of disks the burner can burn on at rated speeds this is why drive firmware should be up to date.
          Last edited by 3dman; 03-14-2017, 12:47 PM. Reason: Added to

Comment

3dman7, thank you for your response, and please forgive my tardy reply.

I didn't come back to the forum for a while because I resolved my problem by purchasing a new Pioneer BDR-209DBK drive.

However, I will update the firmware on my LG drive, so thanks very much for the link. I appreciate the responses by october262 and eisenb11, too.

And, I did buy the Cinavia Removal option after all!

Comment

Your welcome.You will be very happy with the new drive make sure it also has the newest firmware from the Pioneer web page.

Comment

Working...
              X