naming output file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) naming output file

Is there a way to have the default mp4 naming be "MovieTitle (year).mp4" instead of "VOLUME-ID.theatrical.mp4"?

Hi jaja
    Try looking in common settings in Fab under conversion > output.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, I did that first but I'm not sure what to put in there. If I'm ripping The Godfather, I want the name of the file to be The Godfather.mp4 and not GODFATH.theatrical.title0.mp4.

Comment

Rename it like so:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Also go into common settings/conversion/output and backspace over everything except "<volume>" and click OK to get only the file name.
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Rename it like so:
            I'm running 10.0.3.2 and I CANNOT click there!
            Last edited by jaja; 04-03-2017, 12:34 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Also go into common settings/conversion/output and backspace over everything except "<volume>" and click OK to get only the file name.
              Like I said, I tried that but it never changes. From "common settings => conversion => output", I tried "<volume>" and my file was not named correctly. When I went back to "common settings => conversion => output", it showed "<volume>.<title>" again. I even tried making it blank but it still reverted to "<volume>.<title>" again.

I don't get it ... DVDFab has all the metadata, why can't I use variables for "movieTitle (releaseYear)"?

Comment

I'm running 1.0.3.2 also and it works a treat. Select the source and then click right on the file name it will turn blue and you can type over.
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jaja View Post
                  When I went back to "common settings => conversion => output", it showed "<volume>.<title>" again. I even tried making it blank but it still reverted to "<volume>.<title>" again.
                  If you fail to click OK at the bottom nothing will change, it will revert to default.

Albert Einstein

Comment

If you fail to click OK at the bottom nothing will change, it will revert to default.
                    The problem ended up being that you MUST select BluRay or DVD source. If File Source is checked, changes made below will never take effect.

So, in the end ... USER ERROR!

While this solved the file naming problem, unfortunately, the had the nasty side effect of putting my mp4 two subdirectories deeper than I wished. I have my "Save To" location set and I want the MP4 to go there. instead, it created a Video subdirectory and then a <volume> subdirectory.

Arggghhh!!!
                    Last edited by jaja; 04-03-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I'm running 1.0.3.2 also and it works a treat. Select the source and then click right on the file name it will turn blue and you can type over.
                      I found out that, somehow, DVDFab was in Copy mode instead of Ripper mode. So, in the end ... USER ERROR!

Is there a way to have DVDFab default to Ripper at startup or when a disc is inserted?

Comment

If you're in ripper when you exit it will open in ripper, it opens in the last module open when you exit.

Albert Einstein

Comment

While I've solved the file naming problem, the side effect is that my mp4 is being placed two subdirectories deeper than I wished. I have my "Save To" location set and I want the MP4 to go there. instead, it created a Video subdirectory and then a <volume> subdirectory.

How can I put my MP4 directly in the specified save location?

Comment

Uncheck this box:
                            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

This works well when putting movies onto another drive also so it doesn't go into a sub folder.The renaming works well also.

Comment

Working...
                              X