Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    Uncheck this box:
    Thanks! I unchecked that box weeks ago when I first started ... how did it get checked again?

Comment

Gremlins left over from April fools day.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
        Gremlins left over from April fools day.
        Well, I found the little Gremlin, DVDfab!

I can set things properly in common settings and all works well ... until ... I restart DVDfab (or my PC) and certain settings go back to what they were before.

As you may remember, I need "CommonSettings=>Conversion=>Output" to be set to "BluRay Source" or "DVD Source" depending on the disc. I'm guessing DVDfab is NOT saving that setting because it wants me to tell it what kind of disc I put in each time.

Page 57 of the user manual sheds no additional clarity on this option or what the choices mean. The manual says:

8.6.2 Output
        Define how to name the output file, based on DVD Source, Blu-ray Source or File Source and how to
        manipulate keywords.
        Here is what could be fixed in an upcoming release:

1. DVDfab should only allow two choices here, "DiscSource" and "FileSource". DVDfab is smart enough to know whether or not the disc is a blu-ray or a dvd.

2. DVDfab should save that choice

3. DVDfab should lookup metadata based on the VOLUME-ID and allow metadata tags to be used to generate the filename (ex; "<movieTitle> (<releaseYear>).mp4", etc...).

4. DVDfab user manual should give more details as to what all this means and show some examples based on keywords.

Comment

As a follow up is there a way to prevent DVD fab from writing the filename to the File Properties Details, Description tab? I rename my files thru batch but it appears some apps are using file properties details meta data and not file name for titles in their apps now.

Comment

Working...
          X